Problem with 35-100mm F2.8

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Denise.Aitken, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Hi all
    Firstly let me say I am no guru in using my OMD camera yet (my brain still thinks in Canon mode) and I need some help as I have a problem I can't work out .

I bought the body and the 12-35 Panasonic Vario F2.8 to start and ordered the Panasonic 35-100mm lens. The larger lens came in January and I am struggling with it. Initially I thought it was me, but I really think I have a problem and wonder (before returning it), if anyone else has experienced anything similar.

When using this lens, the camera often 'freezes' and I can't seem to do anything other than turn it off. It sounds like the drive/stepping motor is stuck. The image in the view finder and/or LCD freezes as if on playback.

I have the image stabiliser turned off on the lens.
    I recently updated the firmware on camera and lenses.

Any suggestions?

2. phigmov

phigmov Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Apr 4, 2010
    Presumably its just this lens - the other one is fine ?

Know anyone else with an m43 body to see if it exhibits the same behaviour ? Maybe try it at on a camera store body ?

I had the same thing happen on my E-PM1 - it seemed to freeze before taking a shot. It took me a short while to realise I'd accidentally enabled the 10 sec self-timer! I felt pretty stupid but I was glad nothing was broken.

You could try doing a factory reset on the body - clear any oddball settings.

Other than that, systematic troubleshooting using different lens/body combinations is your best bet to try and isolate the problem component.

3. Gurin

Gurin Mu-43 Regular

Feb 5, 2012
    Sweden
    A long shot, as you are not an experienced Olympus user. Be sure that you do not push the lens eject button while mounting the 35-100. It is not unusual to screw the lens past the contacts. Then it will not communicate correctly with the body.

4. Lisandra

Lisandra Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 16, 2010
    The omd is buggh that way, it hasn't happened to me yet

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.