Problem using c mount adapter and lens

Panasonic

New to Mu-43
I bought a c mount adapter from Rainbow imaging. When I attach the adapter to the camera, either with the lens mounted or not, I am getting the message "lens not attached properly, do not push lens release button while lens is attached". I have the "shooting without lens" menu option in on position. The lens is mounting on the adapter without any problem. I repeat that I am getting this message with the lens on the adapter and without the lens on the adapter.

I have a Panasonic G2. I am using it with 14-42mm kit lens without any trouble.I am on M, S, A, P modes and not iA mode.

What do you think is the problem? Can anyone help me? ThanQ.

ksn

Mu-43 Veteran
I bought a c mount adapter from Rainbow imaging. When I attach the adapter to the camera, either with the lens mounted or not, I am getting the message "lens not attached properly, do not push lens release button while lens is attached". I have the "shooting without lens" menu option in on position. The lens is mounting on the adapter without any problem. I repeat that I am getting this message with the lens on the adapter and without the lens on the adapter.

I have a Panasonic G2. I am using it with 14-42mm kit lens without any trouble.I am on M, S, A, P modes and not iA mode.

What do you think is the problem? Can anyone help me? ThanQ.

Im kind of having the same problem on the GF2. When its not mounted and held in place, it seems to work, but as soon as the mount is pushed against the metal connections right below the sensor, the screen goes black and gives me the same message.

iliakoltsov

Mu-43 Regular
On a panasonic GF1 and G1 i do not know about the GF2 i suspect it to be similar , you need to do a little manipulation:
put the body in A or M mode , go to the settings and you should see something like shoot W/O lens by default it is disabled enable it and you can happily shoot with C mount lenses.

Panasonic

New to Mu-43
I figured out the problem with the help of someone else. It is the adapter problem. The pin that is on the flange must go into the hole in the adapter. The hole in my adapter is not deep enough, so it is causing the problem.

Once I get the right adapter, I promise I will post some pics on this page. Thanks.

Latest threads

Top Bottom