Probblem with olympus share app

kiwirobfinland

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
rob
Hi my wife got a new phone (samsung galaxy S7)
and there seems to be a issue with the olympus app.
When connecting to the camera with wifi to download pictues the camera will download three or four pictures and then stop. The phone will then display show divece not conected to the internet (the wifi symbol will show a small i in it) it will then stop downloading the shots or download theam very slowly .
All the cameras we have are up to date and so is the phone . My phone and my wifes old phone do not have the issue .
Any help?

Growltiger

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
The phone is not meant to be connected to the internet. Instead it is a point to point wifi connection to the camera.
You may need to configure the phone so it stays connected to the camera instead of reconnecting to your normal wifi.

svassh

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Scott Vassh
I've not used an iPhone but you may try dropping/forget the wifi connection info and re-add it. On Android after I connect the first time it will prompt me after connection that this wifi has no internet access and basically allows me to ignore that. Not sure if iPhone will give you the same warning/option.

barry

Super Moderator
Hi, on Samsung phones, you need to disable Smart Network Switch on the Wi-Fi settings screen, otherwise it'll try to get back onto an internet connected network.

kiwirobfinland

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
rob
Hi, on Samsung phones, you need to disable Smart Network Switch on the Wi-Fi settings screen, otherwise it'll try to get back onto an internet connected network.
Thank you
that was the issue it works now.

Latest threads

Top Bottom