Probably the 800th What Bag Request!

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Kpfeifle, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Kpfeifle

Kpfeifle Mu-43 Regular

Hi All,

Looks like my final kit will be the Olly E-PL5 with the O 12mm 2, PL 25 mm 1.4, O 40-150mm 4-5.6 and maybe the O 45mm 1.8. Add in the little clip on flash that came with the camera, an extra battery, lipstick brush and two filters. Need some sort of pocket for papers and/or a notebook.

What kind of bag would I need to fit all of that in? Would a Domke F-10 work? I will probably leave the 25 mounted to the camera, leaving the 2 primes and the zoom separate. I guess I could glue two end caps back to back and store the primes in one slot and the zoom in the other. Also...if it makes a difference, I might add the EV-4 when its available.

So...any bag suggestions for me? Also, anybody want to comment on my lens kit...should I be doing things differently? Many thanks!

2. BigTam

BigTam Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Dortmund, Germany
    UWith a similar kit, I am very happy with the Billingham Hadley Small. I keep the EM5, usually with the 17mm 1.8 mounted, in the centre division, and 2 lenses each left and right.

The Hadley has little dividers to split the divisions, but I prefer to use the two-end-caps-glued-together method.

A (paper) notebook or guidebook goes between the insert and the back of the bag. A 7" tablet would fit, maybe a 10" - but I don't have one to try.

The two front pockets are expandable, I use them for lenspen, cloths, batteries, cards, mini-tripod, etc..

Not cheap, but light, waterproof and well-made and satisfying to use.

PS: no velcro, no zips: fast, quiet access.
  3. Trankster

Trankster Mu-43 Regular

Jan 19, 2013
    Irvine, CA
    I have a similar kit except OMD EM5 and find the Domke F-10 holds as little or as much as I want to carry. The back slot/pouch can also hold a small notebook, OLY manual and 7" Nexus 7 tablet; it looks pretty fat fully loaded. I had a local shoe repair shop sew a velcro strap over the back slot to protect the tablet from falling out though the fit is snug without it. Lots of room for accessories in the large front zip pocket and there is a zip pocket in the top fold over flap. I have tried several bags and like the F-10.
  4. snegron

snegron Mu-43 Regular

May 9, 2013
    SW Florida
    I currently have a Lowepro Adventura 170 that is of decent size (not too big, not too small, not too tall) for now. It fits my G5 plus three lenses quite well; not as stylish as I would have hoped for, but it serves its purpose.

For some odd reason it has been very difficult for me as well to find a perfect size bag for my new m4/3 setup. I don't remember having this issue during my film SLR and digital DSLR days!
  5. Savas K

Savas K Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
    Billingham Hadley Pro has got the OP covered for that gear and then some. You could add another lens and an FL-600R and you're still good.
  6. OhWellOK

OhWellOK Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 4, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Think Tank Retro 5 would hold all that nicely, and has TONS of pockets for loose small items. I'll be taking mine with a similar kit (OM-D body PL25, 9-18, P14, Oly45) to Europe in a couple weeks as my walking around bag.
  7. Kpfeifle

Kpfeifle Mu-43 Regular

Thanks for all of the suggestions guys, I ordered the Domke f-10 in OD today. Basically I used Domke when I had an SLR rig and liked their form fitting bags.