Probable scammer in our forum: galperjd

Discussion in 'Site information' started by Amin Sabet, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    One of our members just informed me that he may have been scammed by member 'galperjd' who introduced himself as "Joseph from Holland" in replying to a WTB ad before accepting payment that went to "Juancheng Jianhua Arts and Crafts in China".

In the process of banning galperjd as a precaution, I noted that he has sent more than 40 PMs to other members. I do not have any way of reading those PMs or even knowing whom he sent them to. I can bulk delete them but have chosen not to for now in case any of the recipients need them to file a PayPal dispute.

There is a small chance that galperjd is not a scammer, but I am posting this because of the high likelihood that he is.

Please all be careful whom you buy from and be especially wary of sending money to new members who approach you about a WTB listing.
    More tips on avoiding scams here: https://www.mu-43.com/showthread.php?t=30680#post291904

• Like Like x 13
  2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
  3. Itchybiscuit

Itchybiscuit Photon Mangler

Dec 10, 2013
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Ivor
    Thanks for looking out for our welfare Amin. :2thumbs:

4. weeman

weeman Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 30, 2013
    Many thanks for this.

5. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
    Hope whoever was "scammed" gets his money back.

6. tjdean01

tjdean01 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 20, 2013
    Thanks. I would also like to note that SELLERS should also be aware of who they sell too. I've actually refunded people's money on ebay before because they look sketchy. A Paypal user can pay for the item with a credit card (through Paypal), and then call his credit card company and say that it was an unauthorized charge. Paypal will freeze your funds!

7. Zee

Zee Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mind NOT using dark grey text? Kind of annoying to read when one is using a dark skin. I know I can hi-lite, but still... The site Admin should know this!!!

Z...