1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Pro Photo Shoot Results...

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by Alanroseman, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    A few weeks ago I posted a professional photo & video shoot for the benefit of those who had never experienced it: https://www.mu-43.com/f43/pro-photo-shoot-captured-gf1-10134/

I thought I'd post the results for the many that showed interest. The images being unrolled on the wall are the product of the shoot, they are then used in the film or commercial.

There are two versions of this advertisement which is being released and show for the first time today at the show in Las Vegas...

http://www.visualmagnetics.com/includes/video-2.html

I tried to embed the video here via Flckr, no go perhaps due to its Protected Flash Origins. So here's a link to the actual video on the Visual Magnetics web site.

Comments questions welcome....... Alan

• Like Like x 5
  2. Kalieaire

Kalieaire Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 6, 2011
    so i take it these are giant fridge magnets?

3. Alanroseman

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    The system is being used at many large retailers already.

Also, hospitals, resort hotels, schools etc... It's selling like crazy for them, and has become a huge success story..

4. Kalieaire

Kalieaire Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 6, 2011
    I can imagine the processing of photos on top of giant fridge magnets must be tough. they have to be resilient enough to deal with continuous bending as well as be coated to maintain gloss from rough handling.

cool stuff.

5. Alanroseman

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Hi Kalieaire,

If you watch the second video, it explains some of the process and components of the material.

One of the more important elements is the photo quality paper bonded to the the facing surface. It can be delivered on full glossy stock, canvass and other more subtle finishes. Smaller rolls will print to standard roll printer ie Epson 7600, Canon i8000, right down to small tabloid size printers.

It's also finding it's way in set design among other areas..

Cheers, Alan

6. markyw

markyw Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 9, 2011
    London, UK
    Very impressive stuff and I can't believe no one has put this into production before - so simple.

7. Alanroseman

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Joe Deetz is a clever guy. Sometimes the best ideas are those that make you say, why didn't anyone think of that before?

The potential for pros with lots of stock photos are boundless, an entirely new revenue stream.

Alan