1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Pro cinema glass adapters--for seriously nuts

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Pan Korop, May 1, 2011.

1. Pan Korop

Pan Korop Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 31, 2011
    Phare Ouest
    I wondered why so many adapters for C-mount lenses, when these are--at best--marginally adapted to our cameras. Seriously, does anyone actually shoot true movies with these 8 to 16 mm should-have-been-recycled?

So I looked for Arri(flex) PL-mount adapters, bumped in the ads of a wild and crazy Polish guy, homebrewing pro cinema lenses converters for Canon SLRs and :43:. Like, if you have a Zeiss (Germany, not the Kyocera/Sony or Cosina stuff they label in Japan for us gullible stills photographers...) Fast Primes set, or forgot some Panavision glass in a drawer, why not use these "legacy" (heritage, rather?) diopters on our cameras, costing the price of their lens shade?

Anyway, it looks superb: Zeiss Arri PL to micro 4/3 camera GH1 E-P1 AG-AF100 G2 | eBay
    This being only one example--he doesn't have an eBay store yet, but check his other products. I love craftsmen.

2. ed_lee83

ed_lee83 New to Mu-43

Jun 12, 2011
    Hong Kong
    I've got three of his adapters (PL, OCT-19 and OCT-18). Super well-made and recommended.

3. WJW59

WJW59 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 20, 2011
    I don't see the attraction in the C-mount myself but they are three things these adapter/lens combos aren't: light, small, and cheap.

But it goes to prove that M4/3 is a great system for using with almost any lens system with the proper adapters.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.