1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Pro cinema glass adapters--for seriously nuts

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Pan Korop, May 1, 2011.

1. Pan Korop

Pan Korop Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 31, 2011
    Phare Ouest
    I wondered why so many adapters for C-mount lenses, when these are--at best--marginally adapted to our cameras. Seriously, does anyone actually shoot true movies with these 8 to 16 mm should-have-been-recycled?

So I looked for Arri(flex) PL-mount adapters, bumped in the ads of a wild and crazy Polish guy, homebrewing pro cinema lenses converters for Canon SLRs and :43:. Like, if you have a Zeiss (Germany, not the Kyocera/Sony or Cosina stuff they label in Japan for us gullible stills photographers...) Fast Primes set, or forgot some Panavision glass in a drawer, why not use these "legacy" (heritage, rather?) diopters on our cameras, costing the price of their lens shade?

Anyway, it looks superb: Zeiss Arri PL to micro 4/3 camera GH1 E-P1 AG-AF100 G2 | eBay
    This being only one example--he doesn't have an eBay store yet, but check his other products. I love craftsmen.

2. ed_lee83

ed_lee83 New to Mu-43

Jun 12, 2011
    Hong Kong
    I've got three of his adapters (PL, OCT-19 and OCT-18). Super well-made and recommended.

3. WJW59

WJW59 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 20, 2011
    I don't see the attraction in the C-mount myself but they are three things these adapter/lens combos aren't: light, small, and cheap.

But it goes to prove that M4/3 is a great system for using with almost any lens system with the proper adapters.