Private Messaging question

Discussion in 'Site information' started by alevan, Jun 24, 2010.

1. alevan

alevan New to Mu-43

Jun 24, 2010
    I am new to this Forum and have already created 5 postings. According to the site rules after 3 posts I should be able to PM and send Emails. How do I send a PM? On other sites that use this page format all I need to do is click on a members name and a list of options appears and I can select PM. Am I missing something? Thanks...

2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus Subscribing Member Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    That's exactly how you do it here.
    Click on a members name. There you will see a drop down list of options......
    send and email if it's registered or a pm.....

I just checked your profile....we'll fix it promptly...
    shooter

• Like Like x 2
  3. alevan

alevan New to Mu-43

Jun 24, 2010
    Well now it is working. Maybe it took a little time for the site to register my +3 posts and change my settings.

Thanks...
    alevan

• Like Like x 2
  4. summerkl

summerkl Mu-43 Regular

Jul 26, 2010
    Vancouver
    Kevin L
    Hi there

similar problem - when I click on the member's name there is no option to send a private message

Thanks

5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Kevin, you need to go into your User CP and elect to receive private messages yourself, or you can't send any. I just checked your profile and you have not set yourself up to allow private messages only visitor's messages which are quite different. Visitors messages allow other people to post on your profile page...sort of as though they're pinning a note to your door - everyone can see a visitor's message whereas private messages are just that - private.

Try it and let us know if you continue to have problems. I don't think you will!

6. summerkl

summerkl Mu-43 Regular

Jul 26, 2010
    Vancouver
    Kevin L
    Thanks

It's working now but that was before I saw your post. Just to be safe I followed your suggestion as well just in case the gremlins decided to change it back.

• Like Like x 2
  7. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Well that's good - on both counts. I wouldn't want you to be able to send and not receive.:biggrin: