Print more!!!

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by swede, Jan 24, 2016.

1. swede

swede Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 25, 2014
    I like having pictures framed and put on a wall or furniture. As a family photographer there are lots of pictures of my kids. I try to limit myself, we have the baby frames wich we don't change and the wedding pictures. But many times i feel that even the most casual of shots deserve to be looked upon more often than on the computer or any screen device.

Print is the best way! Just print and place anywhere, next month replace it. We have a few spots in our house were I'm alowed (yes i have a boss at home) to place pictures.

And then there is the BIG frame... I bought a very big frame at a store called IKEA, i thinks its about 1 meter wide. I took out the glass and stapled in chicken wire, then i bought some clips of metall with hooks at a hobby store. My wife wanted the frame to look old so we painted it with copper paint. This frame can be used in many ways, change pictures ever week or month or replace pictures as they come. I try to wait a year or half to try to sum up the family events. I have it placed on a wall where we see it often, and there is a dining table just in front of it.

its hard to get the feel for the size, but the frame is big, and the smallest pictures are 10x15cm... i only use A3 and try to put as many pictures as i can on one sheet.

Another cool idea is to take a frame and put lace/string across in different patterns and then use clothespins to hang the pictures. I've seen people use old window doors (without glass) and old rugged doors and use as picture frames. The ideas are many, but the main goal is to get those pictures out from the computer. Happy printing!
    • Like Like x 18
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Great idea, lovely results.
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  3. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    Nice idea - think I'll do the same myself but I'll try to avoid IKEA - their stores drive me mad!
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Kalifornier

Kalifornier Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 29, 2014
    Lovely pics!
  5. ijm5012

ijm5012 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 2, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    A really great idea @swede@swede, thanks for sharing with us!
  6. janneman

janneman Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 6, 2012
    Jan (John) Kusters
    Great idea, and I share your sentiment: print more, do more with your pics!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. jrsilva

jrsilva Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 1, 2012
    Good idea!
    I like your frame.
    I think I will look for some similar solution and place it on the wall of my home office, where I spent most of my time when I'm at home.
  8. Bruce McL

Bruce McL Mu-43 Veteran

• Like Like x 2
  9. bjurasz

bjurasz Mu-43 Regular

Dec 10, 2014
    Cedar Park
    Print! Print! Print! Something about paper hanging on a wall that no computer screen can match. I'll add do lots of photobooks too for the same reason.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. swede

swede Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 25, 2014
    thanks! Thats a good idea, find a spot that you can't ignore. Thats what i did, even the kids like to look at the pictures.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. swede

swede Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 25, 2014
    Yes! Photobooks is also very underrated. They are perfect to just have available on a coffe table or on the "living room" table. When guests come, they can't ignore it.