Prince Philip has just died

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petrochemist

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Mike
We have an ex-president you can have. I'll even pay to Fedex him over.
I'm not sure any of your living ex-presidents would be a significant help & the one I suspect you're thinking off is far worse than our current political leadership options (A real challenge).
The few historical leaders who I think of as potentially competent might only reach that rating because my knowledge of history is lacking.

ralf-11

Mu-43 All-Pro
Sounds like the relationship would’ve perhaps been a 4th cousin? At that point, they share about the same level of genetics that you or I share with a golden retriever, so no, I wouldn’t go so far as to say this explains “Chuck“.

I'm sure that was a joke, since you are orders of magnitude in error

Mountain_Man_79

Do all the interns get Glocks?
Real Name
Chris
I'm sure that was a joke, since you are orders of magnitude in error

It’s somewhat a joke. I am purposely conflating two different things though -

The amount of genetic material that is identical in a 4th cousin is a little over 1%. According to my 23&me account, I have thousands of 4th cousins all over the world; I’ve never knowingly met a single one of them.

Humans, at a DNA level share 84-85% with that of canines; my golden retriever analogy.

So I wouldn’t say that I’m “orders of magnitude“ incorrect, but will admit to conflating two different facts to make an amusing point.

ralf-11

Mu-43 All-Pro
Worse than that - you are conflating two different aspects of genetics. loci are not alleles.

Brownie

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Tim
We have an ex-president you can have. I'll even pay to Fedex him over.
Post reported.

I'm getting kind of tired of the double standard in here. Anything said in the support of the left is ok, anything in support of the right is not. For that matter, this entire thread has become political in nature. Just because it's about a Royal doesn't make it any different. The thread has gone off track from wishing someone rest in peace to a debate on inbreeding.

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik
Post reported.

I'm getting kind of tired of the double standard in here. Anything said in the support of the left is ok, anything in support of the right is not. For that matter, this entire thread has become political in nature. Just because it's about a Royal doesn't make it any different. The thread has gone off track from wishing someone rest in peace to a debate on inbreeding.
That's identity politics for you...

ralf-11

Mu-43 All-Pro
Post reported.

I'm getting kind of tired of the double standard in here. Anything said in the support of the left is ok, anything in support of the right is not. For that matter, this entire thread has become political in nature.

I never said which one - we have a selection from both parties.

you should report yourself.

Mountain_Man_79

Do all the interns get Glocks?
Real Name
Chris
Post reported.

Good grief man! No one here is debating inbreeding!
We all accept that as fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom