Prince Philip has just died

Status
Not open for further replies.

PakkyT

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I doubt it. I don't think she's the retiring type.
She'll probably just drop dead shaking hands in some receiving line at some event. Well, assuming she is actually a human and not some sort of UK robot that replaced her when she actually died 20 years ago.

Real Name
Chris
He lived quite the long life for sure. Sad to see him pass. He and the Queen represent quite a legacy that will be hard to fill with the younger generations. Things will surely be different in the future. Not necessarily in a bad way but the ties to the 20th century will be cut to some degree I would assume.

I am not a royals expert in anyway but have lately been watching "The Crown" series on Netflix. Does anyone know how "true to life" that series is?

RichardC

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Richard
Many of we colonists don't think she's all that keen on Charles' ascension! :hiding:

Who knows?

Being next in line to the throne has its perks, but it's a curse too. Pretty sure most of us could live under a microscope for a couple of weeks, but I wouldn't fancy it for much longer, let alone the rest of my natural life.

Suppose we could have a president instead. I mean, what could possibly go wrong?

RichardC

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Richard
He lived quite the long life for sure. Sad to see him pass. He and the Queen represent quite a legacy that will be hard to fill with the younger generations. Things will surely be different in the future. Not necessarily in a bad way but the ties to the 20th century will be cut to some degree I would assume.

I am not a royals expert in anyway but have lately been watching "The Crown" series on Netflix. Does anyone know how "true to life" that series is?

Her Majesty the Queen does (but she's not saying).

John King

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
John ...
Sad news - just short of 100 years
I’m wondering whether the Queen will decide to step down now and have a rest and let Charles or William take over the reigns ?
Nah. That only happens if someone is unfit for office, and married to an American nazi sympathiser.

That was the first abdication in about 400 years.

The Queen will die in harness, serving her country, the Commonwealth and people all over the world. That's a sense of duty rarely seen today.

A duty she has faithfully performed every day of her life.

You couldn't pay someone to do what she does.

Mountain_Man_79

Do all the interns get Glocks?
Real Name
Chris
200.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

John King

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
John ...
And many more of us couldn't give a royal crap.
There's the difference, I guess.

Most Australians actually do care when the USA has yet another of its weekly or daily slaughters ...

We also care if your respected public figures suffer gross misfortune or death.

We are all humans together.

I am saddened when a thoroughly decent man who has dedicated himself to a life of service to the people dies.

Did you know that 775,000 Australians benefited from the Duke of Edinburgh scholarship scheme?

What have you or I done that is of such merit? ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom