1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Prices, Panasonic 20mm

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by macjansson, Jan 12, 2011.

1. macjansson

macjansson Mu-43 Regular

Jan 7, 2011
    Sweden
    Not being completely satisfied with the EP1 kit lens I decided to get myself the Panasonic 20mm lens. The lens alone costs 420€, a bit expensive in my opinion but I had to have it. At the moment Panasonic got the cashback campaign refunding me 50€ of the 420€ = 370€
    A GF1, although pink, plus the 20mm costs 500€, with cashback 50€ or maybe even 100€ depending on if the decide it's a kit or if it's a camera and a lens!??!.
    So that's 370€ for the lens alone, and 450€ or possible even 400€ for the lens and a GF1, go figure. I bought it with the GF1.
    I know kits are always cheaper and so on... but to get a lens and a body to the same cost as the normal price of the lens seems to me like the pricing is a bit off.

2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    If you think in terms of money, you'll never see the value of the GF1 & 20mm.
    If you think in terms of making images, then the GF1 & 20mm are priceless.
    Of course you need the 14mm also but it makes great images regardless of money.
    Just my take on things.

I learned many many tears ago that when I want something it is worth Gold.
    2 days later I go to sell it and it's worth crap!

Don

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rich M

Rich M Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2010
    Don....wait....that's MY life. :rofl:

R

• Like Like x 1
  4. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Me too brother......!

• Like Like x 1
  5. macjansson

macjansson Mu-43 Regular

Jan 7, 2011
    Sweden
    In the end I paid 150€ for the Lumix 20mm f1,7

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.