1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Prices for GF-1 & G2

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by noelh, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Just checked out the B&H website. The G2 is out of stock. Checked Amazon. Ouch! The $299.99 B&H price was a bargain. Curious about the GF-1 prices at Amazon. Bigger OUCH! At least this week the discontinued Panys appreciate better than google stock.

2. shnitz

shnitz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Amazon prices are third party sellers and do not reflect actual Amazon pricing. For example, there is a Nikon D2Xs for sale for $6,000 even though the realistic price of one today is $1,100-$1,400, and you can currently purchase the highly superior D3s brand new for that much money.
    Amazon.com: Nikon D2Xs Digital SLR Camera: Electronics
    They are just sellers that take advantage of buyers' misunderstanding to profit. Anyone can put up their own items on Amazon. We have sold many of our old textbooks through there, but I wouldn't make the case that I'm affiliated with or represent Amazon in any way. The actual street prices are found through ebay's completed listings, plus the respected camera shops' used departments. For example, Adorama has some Panasonic bodies for sale:
    Buy Used Cameras | Adorama, the Photography People
    G2 and GF1 are selling there for $300 body only, and there is a GF1 for $550 with lens. Although, I'm sure you could talk them down a small amount if you're willing to call and haggle. Overall though, the GF1 is going to continue to drop in price, given its age, the introduction of the GX1, and the supposed new Olympus OM-D. The G2 will drop in price because the GH2 will continue to drop in price, and no one would realistically pay as much for the G2 as they would for the GH2. Also, clearance prices are just lucky times to buy. For example, nearly one year ago Panasonic clearanced the GH1 to $350. Today, the body is still worth that much.

3. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    I'm surprised the G2 lasted a long as it did at B&H. The body hasn't been manufactured by Panasonic in 9 months or more.

DH

4. Also was surprised at how long B&H inventory of G2s lasted. Procrastination and waiting until the GX-1 hit the streets resulted in not purchasing a back up G2. The G2 is my primary body. Really don't need another camera body, but the price was tempting. Save the $s for lens and a heavier duty tripod.