Price is going up now

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by 905b, Jan 4, 2013.

1. 905b

905b New to Mu-43

Jan 3, 2013
    Looks like xmas deals are disappearing and price went back ,
    For example , G5 , nex , g3.
    Newegg gf5 is the best deal , and omd price is stable so far.
    Maybe i should get gf5 and some good lens , then upgrade to g5 in a year .

2. sammykhalifa

sammykhalifa Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA
    Neil
    If I was getting a camera today I think I'd go for the G3.

3. 905b

905b New to Mu-43

Jan 3, 2013
    G3 kit for 350 in BH , is this the best deal?

4. noohoggin1

noohoggin1 Instagram: @tomnguyenstudio

May 21, 2012
    MN
    Tom
    Also, I think the $100 off the EPL5/EPM2 sale is ending tomorrow, so I bit the bullet and ordered the EPL5 yesterday. Who knows when it will go back down... :frown:

5. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    price will drop significantly as soon as the replacements are announced - no idea when that will happen, but likely sooner than later (e-pl1 released 2010, pl2 and pl3 2011, pl5 2012...)

6. sammykhalifa

Jun 22, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA
    Neil
    I think my next camera will be the PL5 after the e-pl6 comes out . . .

7. LeeOsenton

LeeOsenton Mu-43 Button Clicker Subscribing Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Hayes, Virginia, U.S.A.
    Lee Osenton
    That is pretty good. I just bought one from the buy & sell forum with no lens for $205 delivered. The camera is only 3 months old and came with the receipt for warranty. I picked up a kit lens for $80 to make it a complete kit again. It is a gift for someone that has long wanted a nice camera, but is not in a position to buy one.

I put it together today and was pleasantly surprised by the performance. I can't figure out why I sold my G3 and switched back to an Olympus. I don't know if that is the best deal available, but that is a lot of camera for $350.

Lee

8. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    I've been checking cameta camera every day for the inevitable refurbs to show up, and agree I think the pl5 is going to be a great replacement for the om-d I just sold (which while an absolutely great camera, was a little too overly complicated for my brain to wrap around).

9. snaimpally

snaimpally Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2012
    The G3 kit was $299 for the previous week (I ordered one a few days ago from BH) - I remember checking BH for something else and it was still $299 yesterday. You might check ebay - you may be able to get a demo model or a christmas return with full warranty from an authorized dealer.

10. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter Subscribing Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    I'm a big advocate of this approach, but I broke down this year and got an E-PL5. It got down to $550 and I had just sold some stuff.:rolleyes: I do really like it, however, especially with my old E-Pm1 as a second body.

11. 905b

905b New to Mu-43

Jan 3, 2013
    OMD , PL5 , PM2 price all gone up $100 , henrys.com

I guess I will go with G3 kit for $399 , and get some good lens .
    any recommendations for something within $500 ?
    I know there is this famous 20/1.7 pancake , what about zoom lens ?
    thanks !

12. sammykhalifa

Jun 22, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA
    Neil
    I was kind of amazed at how low the G3 went so quickly--as far as I am concerned, if it was a good camera 6 months ago it's a good camera now too. It didn't become worse just because they released the update. I mean, the E-PL3 got cheaper after the pl5 (and I understand why) but not nearly as much as the G3 or GH2.

13. 905b

905b New to Mu-43

Jan 3, 2013
    well said

well said , that's why chasing the latest gear can be waste of money , if you care about your money .
    I was reading Steve Puff 's review and one comment said he was amazed how Steve changes his favorite . Steve likes Nikon V1 , he likes OMD , then he likes RX1 , etc etc . Of course he liked something in 2008 which probably been traded long time ago .
    The more review you read , the more you realize its just business for somebody and just fun for somebody .

by the way , I ordered G3 kit to get familiar with photography , more than point and shoot .

thanks for all your reply !

14. elavon

elavon Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 1, 2012
    Tel Aviv Israel
    Ehud
    Lens selection depends on your need and budget.
    I suggest that fist you start taking photo with the kit.
    If you see that you need more reach grab a telephoto the p45-150 or the P45-200 are in your budget.
    If you shot allot in low light get the P20.
    If you want better separation for portraits get the 45.

15. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

It wasn't just the bodies and kits that were low and now gone back up. Lenses and some accessories too. I was able to get a lens or two because of the lower prices and now my arsenal has some teeth!