1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Price is going up now

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by 905b, Jan 4, 2013.

1. 905b

905b New to Mu-43

Jan 3, 2013
    Looks like xmas deals are disappearing and price went back ,
    For example , G5 , nex , g3.
    Newegg gf5 is the best deal , and omd price is stable so far.
    Maybe i should get gf5 and some good lens , then upgrade to g5 in a year .

2. sammykhalifa

sammykhalifa Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA
    Neil
    If I was getting a camera today I think I'd go for the G3.

3. 905b

905b New to Mu-43

Jan 3, 2013
    G3 kit for 350 in BH , is this the best deal?

4. noohoggin1

noohoggin1 Instagram: @tomnguyenstudio

May 21, 2012
    MN
    Tom
    Also, I think the $100 off the EPL5/EPM2 sale is ending tomorrow, so I bit the bullet and ordered the EPL5 yesterday. Who knows when it will go back down... :frown:

5. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    price will drop significantly as soon as the replacements are announced - no idea when that will happen, but likely sooner than later (e-pl1 released 2010, pl2 and pl3 2011, pl5 2012...)

6. sammykhalifa

Jun 22, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA
    Neil
    I think my next camera will be the PL5 after the e-pl6 comes out . . .

7. LeeOsenton

LeeOsenton Mu-43 Button Clicker

Jun 25, 2010
    Hayes, Virginia, U.S.A.
    Lee Osenton
    That is pretty good. I just bought one from the buy & sell forum with no lens for $205 delivered. The camera is only 3 months old and came with the receipt for warranty. I picked up a kit lens for $80 to make it a complete kit again. It is a gift for someone that has long wanted a nice camera, but is not in a position to buy one.

I put it together today and was pleasantly surprised by the performance. I can't figure out why I sold my G3 and switched back to an Olympus. I don't know if that is the best deal available, but that is a lot of camera for $350.

Lee

8. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    I've been checking cameta camera every day for the inevitable refurbs to show up, and agree I think the pl5 is going to be a great replacement for the om-d I just sold (which while an absolutely great camera, was a little too overly complicated for my brain to wrap around).

9. snaimpally

snaimpally Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2012
    The G3 kit was $299 for the previous week (I ordered one a few days ago from BH) - I remember checking BH for something else and it was still $299 yesterday. You might check ebay - you may be able to get a demo model or a christmas return with full warranty from an authorized dealer.

10. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    I'm a big advocate of this approach, but I broke down this year and got an E-PL5. It got down to $550 and I had just sold some stuff.:rolleyes: I do really like it, however, especially with my old E-Pm1 as a second body.

11. 905b

905b New to Mu-43

Jan 3, 2013
    OMD , PL5 , PM2 price all gone up $100 , henrys.com

I guess I will go with G3 kit for $399 , and get some good lens .
    any recommendations for something within $500 ?
    I know there is this famous 20/1.7 pancake , what about zoom lens ?
    thanks !

12. sammykhalifa

Jun 22, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA
    Neil
    I was kind of amazed at how low the G3 went so quickly--as far as I am concerned, if it was a good camera 6 months ago it's a good camera now too. It didn't become worse just because they released the update. I mean, the E-PL3 got cheaper after the pl5 (and I understand why) but not nearly as much as the G3 or GH2.

13. 905b

905b New to Mu-43

Jan 3, 2013
    well said

well said , that's why chasing the latest gear can be waste of money , if you care about your money .
    I was reading Steve Puff 's review and one comment said he was amazed how Steve changes his favorite . Steve likes Nikon V1 , he likes OMD , then he likes RX1 , etc etc . Of course he liked something in 2008 which probably been traded long time ago .
    The more review you read , the more you realize its just business for somebody and just fun for somebody .

by the way , I ordered G3 kit to get familiar with photography , more than point and shoot .

thanks for all your reply !

14. elavon

elavon Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 1, 2012
    Tel Aviv Israel
    Ehud
    Lens selection depends on your need and budget.
    I suggest that fist you start taking photo with the kit.
    If you see that you need more reach grab a telephoto the p45-150 or the P45-200 are in your budget.
    If you shot allot in low light get the P20.
    If you want better separation for portraits get the 45.

15. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

It wasn't just the bodies and kits that were low and now gone back up. Lenses and some accessories too. I was able to get a lens or two because of the lower prices and now my arsenal has some teeth!