1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Previewing OM-D raw files in Elements 11

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by ChrisG, Oct 14, 2012.

1. ChrisG

ChrisG New to Mu-43

Sep 9, 2012
    England
    Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere. How do I see a preview of my raw images in Elements 11? I can open the folder, but only see the Elements icon and photo name/number, not a preview of the picture. I have to open it in either LR4.2 or Olympus Viewer to see what the picture is, before opening it to edit in Elements by finding the photo number. Am I missing something? How do I preview the raw image without opening each one individually in Elements? Help please?

2. OldRadioGuy

OldRadioGuy Enthusiast Amateur

Nov 11, 2012
    Austin, Texas USA
    Bob
    ChrisG, I believe you have to use the Organizer module in Elements 11 (not the editor) to view your RAW files. From there, opened files are developed in Elements' version of Adobe Camera RAW.

I have Elements 11 on my computer but seldom use it and never use the Organizer. But I think that's the way it operates.

Bob

• Like Like x 1
  3. ChrisG

ChrisG New to Mu-43

Sep 9, 2012
    England
    Thanks Bob. I was able to import the raw images in the way you suggest. I'm very grateful to you for your help. Regards, Chris.

4. kinlau

kinlau Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 29, 2012
    If you're using Windows, check into Irfanview. It's super fast, and I have the editor shortcut linked to PSE, so I just hit shift-E, and my RAW or JPG opens up in PSE.