Presets when starting with lightroom

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by Brucebrad, May 26, 2012.

1. Brucebrad

Brucebrad Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 14, 2011
    Sydney, Australia
    I'm just starting to use lightroom 4 with my Olympus ep-1.

Generally, I like the Olympus jpegs. Is there a preset I can use in Lightroom to view my raw files using the Olympus colours?
  2. fdifulco

fdifulco Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 28, 2011
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    check under the Olympus camera section for the thread from Huelight, he has posted for some of the pens an adobe profile that may help. not sure if he has one for the ep1 yet.

also there are some presets that someone created from the Em5 that you can use as a starting point. you will need to make some adjustments.

i use the huelight profile for my ep3 with the Kodachrome presets from here
    Preset Downloads |

hope this helps
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Brucebrad

Brucebrad Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 14, 2011
    Sydney, Australia
    Unfortunately Huelight doesn't have any for the ep-1 on his twitter site. I've references in forums to ep-1 profiles that he has created in the past. I've emailed him, but no response yet. Anyone have copies of these?
  4. DHart

DHart Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Presets for Lightroom. Man... there's a WORLD of them available for free on the web. I've never felt the need for any presets that are specific to any particular camera... just shoot in RAW, gather a wide variety of LR presents from the web, and have at it. Many presets won't be great as is for any particular image without some tweaks. This is where your taste and your creative eye comes into play to make an image "your own".

The preset I use the most is my own... developed through tweaking in the "Basic" and "Tone Curve" panels. I start with the same basic bumps whether the RAW comes from G3, GH2, E-PL3, or E-M5. But even at that... there are always additional tweaks to do to make things "just right" for that articular image.

No matter what the preset... if you want to get the best from your images, you're going to want to do some tweaking in the Develop module in the "Basic" and "Tone Curve" sections on the right hand panel. This is the magic of LR and you can achieve whatever you want right there!
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Huelight

Huelight Mu-43 Regular

Aug 15, 2011
    I will be working on an E-P1 profile soon, keep an eye on my thread in the Olympus forum.

• Like Like x 1