Predator

Alpha Whiskey Photography

Mu-43 Top Veteran
So, the lockdown has given me some time to finish this project. After seeing the Robocop pics someone sent me a Predator figure a while back and asked me to make some images.

I believe it’s the Cityhunter Predator from the second movie, rather than the Jungle Hunter from the first, so I placed city backgrounds (from my own archives) for the most part and tried to reference that movie for some of the poses (still prefer the first film like everyone else). Some of the shots make use of some ice cave images from my Iceland archives, as well as one of my moon shots.

And then there’s the Alien v Predator franchise, which although a marmite concept actually made more money than any of the standalone movies. So I borrowed the xenomorph from a previous client (thank you G!) and shot some carnage with that too. I realise purists may point out that movie involved totally different predator and xenomorph variants but not being a geek I didn’t care and worked with what I had.

The figure came with some accessories such as its unmasked head, the bloody skull, a spear and the flying disc. The hardest challenge was to make a plastic 18cm figure look moist and organic, helped by a reasonably decent sculpt and paint job in the first, but still necessitating dark shadows and high contrast in some shots. Not sure I succeeded every time.

In some cases I used a vaping device and spotlighting but in most I simply shot the Predator against a plain background, isolated the figure and then composited in the background and effects in post. Not much to show from behind the scenes other than the figure against the background.

Enjoy and be safe.

1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
2.jpg
3.jpg

3a.jpg

As unconvincing as they were, I tried to mimic the plasma cannon's blast from the movies.
4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Spoiler Alert: Predator loses his hand in the second movie.
8a.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg

As shot in camera. Just added Predator's blood.
13.jpg

Hunter's Moon?
14.jpg

15.jpg

15a.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

MORE AT: https://www.behance.net/alphawhiskeyphoto

VIDEO with sound effects and music

Instagram

Last edited:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom