Pre-order the Olympus 25mm f1.8?

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Shoefly, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Shoefly

Shoefly Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 15, 2014
    It sounds like Olympus will officially announce the 25mm (along with the rest of the new gear) on Wednesday. I was about to buy a Pan 25mm, but would love to try the Oly first. So, I'm interested in pre-ordering to get it in-hand asap.

I've not pre-ordered a lens in years. Wondering if Amazon will offer it, or if it's typically just B&H or Adorama?

Also, when do the pre-orders usually become available? Should I expect pre-orders to go live on Wednesday?
  2. mrjr

mrjr Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 25, 2012
    You'll definitely be able to pre-order from Amazon. We won't know until Wednesday or after when the new products will ship or be available for pre-order.
  3. EarthQuake

EarthQuake Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2013
    Yeah, amazon will offer pre-order, but it may be not be up as soon as Adorama/B&H

In my recent experience, by the time B&H and Adorama fill pre-orders, amazon tends to have a few copies ready for purchase, so maybe Amazon is a better bet. I had pre-orders for the EM1 and 12-40 at adorama, and before they were filled I was able to grab them both off Amazon (and I didn't even have a pre-order there).
  4. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    This is true and waiting for Amazon to actually have units for open sale may give us time to read the first legitimate review or two of the lens.