Pre-Order the New Olympus PEN Cameras and Lenses

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Amin Sabet, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    You can help support Mu-43.com by pre-ordering using the following links. Your price is unaffected, and a referral fee (2-4% of your purchase) is paid to us by the retailer. Please note: For us to get credit for the referral, you must click our link prior to placing any items in your "shopping cart". The list will be updated over time.

B&H Photo
    Adorama

• Like Like x 1
  2. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Amin, I have not pre-ordered from Adorama before. How relatively fast are they with getting items in-stock and shipping them out? I am tempted to pre-order the 45mm...

3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Hiep, in my experience pre-ordering is always a crap shoot, regardless of whom you pre-order from. I can vouch for Adorama's integrity and service as a seller, but there's no telling how much stock they will get compared to the next store. With the GH2, I was in for pre-orders with Amazon, Adorama, etc, and in the end, the first camera I could get my hands on was from Precision Camera in Texas, and that wasn't even a pre-order.

I guess the best thing I can say about Adorama pre-orders is that I placed my own pre-order with them at 3am for an E-P3 kit (silver with 14-42) as well as the 45mm f/1.8. In theory it's first come, first shipped, and my experience with Adorama has been that they are usually amongst the first stores to get stock and tend to get a pretty good volume.

4. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Thanks for answer Amin. I pre-ordered the 45mm through Adorama using the referral link. I hope they're one of the first to ship so the site can get the bonus referral.

Going to have to think about the E-P3 though :tongue:

5. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Pre-order for E-P3 at 3 am? Really Amin? I guess it must have been an agonizing decision for you. :tongue:

6. brutto

brutto Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 17, 2011
    Hi Amin. Do you have a similar arrangement with any UK sellers? I plant to buy an E-P3 plus both new primes and would be happy to do so in a way that benefits Mu-43.

7. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Hi Brutto, thanks for asking! Here's our affiliate link for Amazon.co.uk, which also has the E-P3 for pre-order: Amazon.co.uk: Low Prices in Electronics, Books, Sports Equipment & more

8. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Will you eventually have links to B&H?

9. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
  10. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    I've had good experiences with Adorama. Adorama shipping prices tend to be slightly higher than B&H (unless they are free shipping items). But I like to use Adorama better than B&H, because Adorama has a better return policy in the event I don't like what I got. Amazon has a very good return policy as well, and returns are even easier, because Amazon will provide the customer with a pre-paid return label. Amazon will deduct the pre-paid return label from the refund, BUT it's still a whole lot cheaper than paying for the return shipping yourself.

11. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    B&H recently increased their return period to 30 days, which I think matches the others.

12. walt_tbay

walt_tbay Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Any chance of signing up a Canadian affiliate, such as, Henry's or Aden? Would be great if you could so us Canucks can avoid import duties :rolleyes: