1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Pre-Order the New Olympus PEN Cameras and Lenses

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Amin Sabet, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    You can help support Mu-43.com by pre-ordering using the following links. Your price is unaffected, and a referral fee (2-4% of your purchase) is paid to us by the retailer. Please note: For us to get credit for the referral, you must click our link prior to placing any items in your "shopping cart". The list will be updated over time.

B&H Photo
    Adorama

• Like Like x 1
  2. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Amin, I have not pre-ordered from Adorama before. How relatively fast are they with getting items in-stock and shipping them out? I am tempted to pre-order the 45mm...

3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Hiep, in my experience pre-ordering is always a crap shoot, regardless of whom you pre-order from. I can vouch for Adorama's integrity and service as a seller, but there's no telling how much stock they will get compared to the next store. With the GH2, I was in for pre-orders with Amazon, Adorama, etc, and in the end, the first camera I could get my hands on was from Precision Camera in Texas, and that wasn't even a pre-order.

I guess the best thing I can say about Adorama pre-orders is that I placed my own pre-order with them at 3am for an E-P3 kit (silver with 14-42) as well as the 45mm f/1.8. In theory it's first come, first shipped, and my experience with Adorama has been that they are usually amongst the first stores to get stock and tend to get a pretty good volume.

4. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Thanks for answer Amin. I pre-ordered the 45mm through Adorama using the referral link. I hope they're one of the first to ship so the site can get the bonus referral.

Going to have to think about the E-P3 though :tongue:

5. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Pre-order for E-P3 at 3 am? Really Amin? I guess it must have been an agonizing decision for you. :tongue:

6. brutto

brutto Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Feb 17, 2011
    Hi Amin. Do you have a similar arrangement with any UK sellers? I plant to buy an E-P3 plus both new primes and would be happy to do so in a way that benefits Mu-43.

7. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Hi Brutto, thanks for asking! Here's our affiliate link for Amazon.co.uk, which also has the E-P3 for pre-order: Amazon.co.uk: Low Prices in Electronics, Books, Sports Equipment & more

8. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Will you eventually have links to B&H?

9. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
  10. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    I've had good experiences with Adorama. Adorama shipping prices tend to be slightly higher than B&H (unless they are free shipping items). But I like to use Adorama better than B&H, because Adorama has a better return policy in the event I don't like what I got. Amazon has a very good return policy as well, and returns are even easier, because Amazon will provide the customer with a pre-paid return label. Amazon will deduct the pre-paid return label from the refund, BUT it's still a whole lot cheaper than paying for the return shipping yourself.

11. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    B&H recently increased their return period to 30 days, which I think matches the others.

12. walt_tbay

walt_tbay Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Any chance of signing up a Canadian affiliate, such as, Henry's or Aden? Would be great if you could so us Canucks can avoid import duties :rolleyes: 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.