Pre-Order the New Leica DG Summilux 25mm f/1.4 for $599 at Adorama!

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Amin Sabet, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    The new Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 25mm f/1.4 for Micro 4/3 is listed on Adorama for $599.95 and available for pre-order!

Direct link: 25mm DG Summilux at Adorama

5831826647_bd0184f0b0.

This is great news, as many of us were predicting a higher price for this lens!

[Thanks tabbyarthur]

Note: The above links contain our affiliate code, which means than Adorama pays us a small fee for referring you, while your price is unaffected. For us to get credit, you must click the link prior to placing the item in your "shopping cart". Thanks for supporting Mu-43.com!

• Like Like x 4
  2. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Thanks for the link. I pre-ordered mine via the click through. Sometimes, though, Adorama's not the first with stock of new product. I hope they deliver this time!

3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Thanks! It's always hit or miss with preorders, but I've had a good experience with Adorama.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Mu-43 App

4. taz98spin

taz98spin Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 13, 2011
    NYC
    I've never had luck with Adorama.. hope Amazon will put up a link soon!

5. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    It looks like they have priced this surprisingly well for a Leica branded lens. It will be interesting to see how this compares to the Nokton 25mm f/0.95. Voightlander's limited production might come back to bite them now that they have some solid competition.

If Panasonic had brought out a more "pro" like rangefinder style body with it people might have been saying "Fuji who?". Hopefully that will still happen soon.

6. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    Definitely priced below my expectations. I suppose the overlapping function of the PL25 vs 20/1.7 must have played a part in pricing. Otherwise, it certainly makes no sense in my mind that the PL25 is priced less than the PL45. On the other hand, it's probably because the PL45 is way overpriced and should be more like a $400-500 lens!!

Extremely extremely tempted ... but will likely invest on the rumored Oly 12 and/or 50. Or a PL45, if they'd just drop the price!

7. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    Aaargh. I just saw the other link with the samples from the Chinese site. Now I want one!!! Must ... not ... give in ....

That Google translate was not working very well though. Unless some of the discussions that followed were really about poison and other unpleasantries!

8. MP Burke

MP Burke Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 3, 2010
    UK
    That's encouraging news. It could also be some clever marketing, if somebody had intentionally let out rumours that the price would be $700, $800 or even $900, then people breathe a sign of relief that $600 is relatively cheap.
    However, I will be looking out for the first signs of UK prices. $600 should hopefully equate to a price that dips below £500. Still expensive, but may be almost worth it for the capability it adds to the system, especially if, like me, you don't have the 20mm lens.

9. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    They were nice images, weren't they? It's still hard to justify since I have the 20 and I'm not sure I'm a good enough photographer to make use of the difference.

10. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    Yeah, the bokeh was noticeably smoother. And a couple of pretty sharp photos too. I also have the 20. But if I was to justify buying new stuff based on my photo skills, I'd still be using my original 2 megapixel Canon Elph. 

11. youry

youry Mu-43 Regular

Nov 9, 2010
    Winston Salem, NC
    ordered one through your link. the least I could do for mu43

• Like Like x 1
  12. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    I've just checked with Mathers of Lancashire, and they expect the first delivery by mid-August... £495 is probably a decent price for the UK.

Cheers

Brian

• Like Like x 2
  13. zpuskas

zpuskas Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2011
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Nice lens, nice bokeh and nice price..........

14. John M Flores

John M Flores Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 7, 2011
    Somerville, NJ
    I wonder if/how this lens will affect the Voightlander Nokton 25/0.95 demand?

15. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    I would think there'll still be demand for the CV, but I would expect prices to get back to reason -- maybe $1000, instead of $1300.

16. drpump

drpump Mu-43 Regular

Oct 28, 2010
    Same here. The 20mm does quite well for me. My only real complaints are slow continuous focus and autofocus noise, both only relevant for video and I don't do that very much. The extra 5mm of width is also significant for me, so I probably wouldn't throw out the 20mm.

17. xanaduflipper

xanaduflipper Mu-43 Regular

May 12, 2011
    Kent, UK
  18. semma

semma Mu-43 Regular

Nov 9, 2010
    • Like Like x 1
  19. xanaduflipper

xanaduflipper Mu-43 Regular

May 12, 2011
    Kent, UK
    Oh yeah! Dur my mistake :rolleyes:

20. jamawass

jamawass Mu-43 Regular

Jun 9, 2011
    Hi All,
    New to the forum picked up an e-PL2 last week, enjoying and getting to know it. I had used an E-620 with prime lens a few years back but it malfunctioned and I was refunded rather than given a replacement. Anyway, I've quickly found out that I want to change the kit lens and was initially focused on purchasing the panny 20mm 1.7. With the impending release of this lens should I wait and if so what advantages will this lens have over my initial choice? Thanks

• Like Like x 1