Pre-inauguration walk downtown Washington, DC

RichardC

Pastafarian minister
Real Name
Richard
I don't think the military presence is as much about protecting the event as it is to make sure anyone bent on insurrection thinks twice about storming the Capitol building, for example. I don't think a low-budget approach to security in Washington DC is really an option after Jan 6.

I hope the security have a quiet day. It was nerve wracking enough in 2009 when Barack and Michelle Obama got out of the armoured limo on Pennsylvania Avenue to wave at the masses.

It was his day to celebrate..........I was shouting at the TV begging them to get back in the car.

RichardC

Pastafarian minister
Real Name
Richard
As an American living in “flyover country,” it is a sad and troublesome time, one that I honestly lose sleep over when I really think about it.

I had to google 'flyover country'. There's a great aerial picture of Kansas.

Farming, along with the people who produce the food, is very often taken for granted in my country too.

John M Flores

Super Moderator
{MOD HAT}

As much as this moment in US politics is on everyone's mind, please remember and respect Site Rule #9:

"9. Discussion of politics and religion is not allowed anywhere on the site. Note that posting photos containing political or religious content is allowed. Only the discussion is not allowed. "

{/MOD HAT}

Latest threads

Top Bottom