1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

power zoom on the 45-175mm x lens

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Triggertrevor, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Triggertrevor

Triggertrevor Mu-43 Regular

Jun 30, 2013
    Hi all just wanted to ask whether you can use the zoom ring on the barrel of the lens instead of the of the rocker switch on the camera body.
    Now if you can only use the rocker switch is the zoom speed fast from 45-175 and back again.

Cheers Kev

2. Levster

Levster Mu-43 Top Veteran

The zoom ring works as well.

3. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    I can jump between the near and far ranges pretty quickly on the 45-175 with the ring. It's a little tricky to get to exactly the zoom you want as the ring is pretty vague, so I can be slowed down a bit by fine tuning if I'm being particularly deliberate about framing. It is not a match for a true mechanically linked zoom. However I don't find it to be much more than a minor annoyance in actual practice; it doesn't interfere with getting the shots I want to get. And the lens is awfully nice for looking subtle and traveling light, compared to your typical telephoto cannon.

4. Triggertrevor

Triggertrevor Mu-43 Regular

Jun 30, 2013
    Cheers for your comments really handy.

I have recently started shooting football with my 35-100 pana but would like a little more reach and thought this lens might just do the trick.

cheers Kev

5. bigal1000

bigal1000 Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 10, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I had this lens for awhile but I just could not get used to the way this thing zoomed like others have said I was never exactly sure what focal focal length I was using.I did not like this lens at all.