Power switch issue em5 ii

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by 92se-r, Jun 19, 2017.

1. 92se-r

92se-r Mu-43 Regular

Oct 26, 2013
    I just purchased a refurbished em5 mkii from the outlet sale. First time powering on, it would not shut off. It did this a few dozen times and i gave up. Picked it up again a couple days later and now the power switch works every time now. Has anyone had this issue?

2. 2112

2112 Mu-43 All-Pro

I had this issue when shooting the sunrise at the beach with the grip on it. What I found was that the moisture in the air had found its way to the contacts on the bottom of the camera and once I dried them off all was well... Now when I go to the beach with it I always remove the grip and put the rubber cover in place.

3. 92se-r

92se-r Mu-43 Regular

Oct 26, 2013
    I was up in the mountains. It was fairly low humidity. Which contacts are you talking about?

4. SVQuant

SVQuant Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 20, 2015
    SF Bay Area, California, USA
    Sameer
  5. jrsilva

jrsilva Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 1, 2012
    Portugal
    Jaime
    I had the same issue with my EM5 MKII a few months ago.
    In my case I noticed it at home after pulled it out of the bag, so no moisture or humidity at all.
    I've removed the battery and one day latter I've tried it again, but with a different lens.
    Everything was OK.
    At that time I've associated this issue with the lens (the Oly 45mm), but since then, I have already used the 45mm several times without any issues.

6. 92se-r

92se-r Mu-43 Regular

Oct 26, 2013
    What im afraid of is if olympus fixes it, it comes back after the warranty period.

7. Hendrik

Hendrik Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Feb 27, 2015
    Wayland MA
    My E-M5 II had the problem a bit over a year ago and I can report that, after the repair, I haven't seen a hint of the problem. I wrote up my experience here.

8. 92se-r

92se-r Mu-43 Regular

Oct 26, 2013
    Haha yes i used to own a turbo se-r

• Like Like x 1
  9. 2112

2112 Mu-43 All-Pro

On the bottom of the camera body you will see a rubber cover. Under that are the contacts for the grip.

10. 92se-r

92se-r Mu-43 Regular

Oct 26, 2013
    Finished reading the other threads, this camera is going back.