Power Lines and Pond Scum - not a sign of mental health...

Discussion in 'Nature' started by Ray Sachs, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator Moderator Subscribing Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    So, my wife and I took our dog for a hike this morning in one of the lovelier settings in our area, an agricultural preserve about five minutes outside of our town. It's a place just chock full of very pretty scenery, trees, rolling hills, hay bales, etc, etc, etc. Shots like these are everywhere - a dime a dozen - I took the camera with the 17mm lens intending to shoot pretty stuff, and I did, a little:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But, what do I find myself fascinated by and spending most of my time photographing? Electrical lines and pond scum, that's what! And I felt a need to process them with some sort of made up infra-red settings to bring out the ominousness of them. What's up with this? It can't be a good sign!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Ray

• Like Like x 8
  2. Vidar

Vidar Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Dec 31, 2009
    Bergen, Norway
    The photos are interesting, but the most interesting is the title of this thread:thumbup:

3. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator Moderator Subscribing Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Possibly the thread title is also not a sign of mental health? Or maybe it is? :cool:

4. AverageCanadian

AverageCanadian Mu-43 Regular

May 22, 2010
    I had an urge to take pics of some power lines today when I was driving and saw a field of them, but I couldn't find a good spot to park. Now I'll have to go back. :).