1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Power Lines and Pond Scum - not a sign of mental health...

Discussion in 'Nature' started by Ray Sachs, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    So, my wife and I took our dog for a hike this morning in one of the lovelier settings in our area, an agricultural preserve about five minutes outside of our town. It's a place just chock full of very pretty scenery, trees, rolling hills, hay bales, etc, etc, etc. Shots like these are everywhere - a dime a dozen - I took the camera with the 17mm lens intending to shoot pretty stuff, and I did, a little:

Stroud_2.

Stroud_1.

But, what do I find myself fascinated by and spending most of my time photographing? Electrical lines and pond scum, that's what! And I felt a need to process them with some sort of made up infra-red settings to bring out the ominousness of them. What's up with this? It can't be a good sign!

Stroud1.

Stroud_1_1.

-Ray

• Like Like x 4
  2. Vidar

Vidar Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2009
    Bergen, Norway
    The photos are interesting, but the most interesting is the title of this thread:thumbup:

3. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Possibly the thread title is also not a sign of mental health? Or maybe it is? :cool:

4. AverageCanadian

AverageCanadian Mu-43 Regular

May 22, 2010
    I had an urge to take pics of some power lines today when I was driving and saw a field of them, but I couldn't find a good spot to park. Now I'll have to go back. :).