1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Power hungry E-PM2?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by svtquattro, Aug 23, 2013.

  1. svtquattro

    svtquattro Mu-43 Veteran

    354
    Sep 24, 2012
    Vancouver, Canada
    I have had my E-PM2 since Week 1 of launch (Nov 2012?).

    I charged up 4 batteries, including the original BLS-5 and some old BLS-1 and went on my trip.

    E-PM2 doesn't power on with any of them! With the BLS-5 it says "NO CHARGE" or whatever in red on the LCD.

    Thankfully I had brought the G5 as well...

    I get home, throw all batteries back in the charger including the OEM original BLS-5 with original charger that came with the E-PM2...same thing!

    What gives?? Camera worked perfectly since new....now it thinks all fully charged batteries are dead???
     
  2. Photodan1

    Photodan1 Mu-43 Regular

    157
    Jun 26, 2012
    Nashville, Tennessee, USA
    Dan
    My guess is the charger has gone bad. I would try that first. If you have a local camera store that sells Olympus, you could probably go by there and let them charge one of your batteries. That would answer the question. Also, use a pencil eraser and scrub the gold contacts inside the battery compartment. If there is corrosion on there it may be hard to see but could prevent good contact with the batteries.
     
  3. monk3y

    monk3y Mu-43 Hall of Famer

    May 14, 2013
    in The Cloud...
    Steven
    Hopefully it should be the battery charger...

    Although as a safety precaution I always try the batteries on the camera before I pack them up in the bag. That way I can be sure the batteries have juice in them.

    Sent from my GT-N7100 using Mu-43 mobile app
     
  4. MajorMagee

    MajorMagee Mu-43 All-Pro

    Feb 24, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    Early last year I thought my charger had died, but since I had another I just used that one. Some many months later I tried it again (in a different outlet) and it worked fine. My best guess was that the connector where the power cord plugs in had gotten a little fubared and moving the whole thing to a different part of the house let it get reconnected properly. It's worked perfectly ever since.