1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Power Converter or adapter for Europe

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by benoly, Apr 27, 2010.

1. benoly

benoly Mu-43 Regular

Feb 23, 2010
    California, USA
    Going to Paris and Italy this summer from the US. I will need to charge my batteries for Olympus EP2. The charger is the BCS1 and the batteries are BLS1. Do I just need a plug adapter? Or do I also need a power converter? Any recommendations?

2. Jonas B

Jonas B Guest

Apr 23, 2010
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    You need a plug converter only. The battery charger handles the 230 V 50Hz AC we have here in Europe.

regards,

/Jonas

3. benoly

benoly Mu-43 Regular

Feb 23, 2010
    California, USA
    Thank you, Jonas!
    :smile:
    Now just have to check into charging my iPhone!
    :confused:

4. landshark

landshark Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 27, 2010
    SO CAL
    your Iphone charger will do 220 as well, for Italy you might want to bring Italian 3 prong adapters, some [lave will use the standard euro two prong but some place you will need the other.

5. apicius9

apicius9 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 1, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Hey Bob, funny to see you here - you got me confused for a moment, I thought I was in the wrong forum :)

Stefan

6. LisaO

LisaO Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 18, 2010
    New York Metro Area
    Lisa
  7. benoly

benoly Mu-43 Regular

Feb 23, 2010
    California, USA
    3 prong and Amazon

Landshark, Lisa0, thanks for the info!

8. FaradayCage

FaradayCage Mu-43 Regular

Apr 22, 2010
    Just look on the back of your charging device. If it reads something like "110-240VAC" then you know it is autoranging and will work on European voltages. You only need a dumb piece of plastic and metal that changes the shape of the plug. Much cheaper and lighter than dicey converters, most of which don't have proper transformers anyway.