1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

POW/MIA Recognition Day 9/19/10

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Streetshooter, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    WE did the recognition day event in Pottstown, Pa again this year.
    Here's a link to the photos on my site.
    All with the G2 & 14-45.

Streetshooter.us

• Like Like x 2
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Thank you so much for the link to these photographs Don. Very moving. I am deeply touched by 0238, 0276, 0279, 0287, 0304, 0311 and 0324. I'm so glad you had good weather for this important day.

3. Chuck Pike

Chuck Pike Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 3, 2010
    Charlotte, NC.
    You know its really sad that many people don't remember any of these wars. I went to the D-Day Memorial in Va and took a tour. One woman wanted to know why the French or Germany had named their beaches with American names. You know Omaha, Utah etc. Didn't know that they were code names given my the high command under Ike. She added that her husband was interested in that sort of thing but she wasn't. I went with one of the very first full Army Divisions to enter Vietnam in 1965, the First Airmobile. I had a few friends who came from the 82nd with me when they first formed that unit. One had a Father and Uncle who served in Germany. One won the Silver Star and the other a Gold Star for their service. We were Quartermaster and while it was only about 100 yards or less from the front line, and we were shot at every night I was in country, he felt he couldn't go home with out saying he had been part of the combat part of the war. We did have people go AWOL every night to spend time in the foxhole with members of the 101st Airborne. I don't remember anyone getting in trouble for doing that.

Thanks for sharing the photographs. By the way, I have a small section of my own web site that has photos taken in Vietnam if anyone is interested.

Images for books, magazines and calendars | photosbypike

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1