1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Posting to Twitter - a question

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Ricoh, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Ricoh

Ricoh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 2, 2013
    UK
    Steve
    Twitter seems to be a popular platform for posting pictures, so having accepted an invite to contribute, and posting from Flickr, I'm seeing a mere thumbnail, which is not an elegant solution.

Checking the submissions from other Tweeters, their pictures are much larger and are viewable without redirection from the likes of Flickr.

Any 'tweeters' on here who can advise how they go about posting pics?

Thanks for any assistance.

2. Aushiker

Aushiker Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 12, 2014
    Fremantle, Western Australia
    Andrew
    Whilst I use Twitter and share from Flickr to Twitter I haven't really noticed any one using Flickr on Twitter, however, I do find that whether I see others photos seems to be application dependent. I use Tweetdeck for example on my MacBook Pro so photos are small thumbnails. On my Android phone the photos are larger. I don't use the website so cannot comment on how that compares.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. WendyK

WendyK Super Moderator

Feb 28, 2014
    Northern Virginia
    Wendy
    From a bit of trial and error on a Twitter page that I manage, I've observed that if the image I try to upload (via the normal Twitter interface using the camera icon, not via any other app) is too large in file size or dimensions, it either fails to load or gets automatically downsized to something quite small. If I upload the image as a 72dpi jpg with long size measuring ~1000-1500 pixels it will usually display it as is. So I guess my advice is to try creating a screen resolution JPG version that is appropriately sized for Twitter before you upload it, and experiment with using the standard Twitter web interface to upload to see if you get better results.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1