1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Postcard From Gothenburg

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Alpha Whiskey Photography, May 1, 2016.

1. Great city. More at the link below. Shot with Olympus E-M5 with 12-40mm F/2.8, 45mm F/1.8 or 60mm F/2.8.

MORE HERE

• Like Like x 14
    • Winner Winner x 13
  2. Danny_SWE

Danny_SWE Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 30, 2013
    Sweden (Gothenburg)
    Wow! Being a citizen of that town since 4 years it's very nice seeing Photos from other perspective. I think you captured the essential very good and some new angles in a very nice way.

Skickat från min LG-H815 via Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. JamesD

JamesD Mu-43 Regular

Mar 18, 2015
    Elk Grove, CA
    Jim Landers
    Beautiful images! Love your processing. Would you care to share a quick synopsis of your work flow?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thank you very much. I import images into Lightroom, adjust colour and contrast and white balance, correction distortions if possible, and then apply watermark and borders and size reduction as a single action in CS6. I may do some selective dodging and burning. The red brick church is a merge of 5 bracketed images using Photomatix Pro 5.

The lighting in the photos is shot pretty much as is; I waited around for the right light before making the shots (including 20 mins at the bridge.)

Regards,
    AW.

• Like Like x 1
  5. JamesD

JamesD Mu-43 Regular

Mar 18, 2015
    Elk Grove, CA
    Jim Landers
    Ha ha. Thanks for the info. So, my work flow isn't very different, then why don't my pictures look like yours? ;-) You seem to have a deft hand with color that makes your images really pop without going too far. I guess your patience with the light is a big factor as well. I'm making my first trip to Europe this summer and I'd love to come home with images like these.

• Like Like x 1
  6. James I'm not sure it's always worthwhile to fake it! :) Mother nature does colour far better than I ever could. But yes, waiting for the right light is important in most of these scenarios.
    Hope you have a fantastic trip to Europe! :)

7. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
    Reminds me of the good old days in the late 90s when I had to go to Molndal (Goteborg suburb) for business meetings with one of the Ericsson development organizations.

8. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Great light at the marina!