Post Your WTF Photos.

Real Name
Brian
It was used as a teaching prop. The home that it came from had a whole bevy of oddball items in it, including a very poorly stuffed Eagle. This was at the Monroe County MI Historical Society Museum.

I've been taking photos of plaques, names, and markers for years. I didn't consider this important enough to worry about.

If the photo is coming on here, it's important enough! :laugh:

Brownie

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Tim
If the photo is coming on here, it's important enough! :laugh:
Hardly.

If I had posted the origin and significance, would it have meant anything? The fact that some weird-ass old couple kept odd items in their home in Monroe County, Michigan in the 1800's might make for a good WTF photo, but the description isn't worth bandwidth.

Real Name
Brian
Hardly.

If I had posted the origin and significance, would it have meant anything? The fact that some weird-ass old couple kept odd items in their home in Monroe County, Michigan in the 1800's might make for a good WTF photo, but the description isn't worth bandwidth.
It's called education.
Every tiny fact can help someone somewhere.
It's also why I prefer people to identify where a photo was taken, just to inform me.
My tiny brain may have forgotten it by tomorrow, but it's nice to know something at the time. :)

Brownie

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Tim
It's called education.
Every tiny fact can help someone somewhere.
It's also why I prefer people to identify where a photo was taken, just to inform me.
My tiny brain may have forgotten it by tomorrow, but it's nice to know something at the time. :)

There are photos that demand a little extra respect in description, or maybe a shot of a placard, marker, or some other set of details. A good example is my post in Graves and Monuments last October about the Steamer Myron. That led to an interesting, albeit sad discussion about your great grandfather.

I fail to see how this photo warrants that same effort, unless you wish to discuss the skeletons in your closet? :hiding:

Real Name
Brian
There are photos that demand a little extra respect in description, or maybe a shot of a placard, marker, or some other set of details. A good example is my post in Graves and Monuments last October about the Steamer Myron. That led to an interesting, albeit sad discussion about your great grandfather.

I fail to see how this photo warrants that same effort, unless you wish to discuss the skeletons in your closet? :hiding:

Well, the skeleton could have actually been that of my great-grandfather, given that he was lost and sea and his body wasn't found (at this end at least!).
And you have a damned good memory recalling that thread too.
But OK, white flag raised over this issue. :sorry:

Phil.H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Judging by the state of the river I can only assume they forgot where they parked this.
PA260732_DxO.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Gives you a peculiar feeling when you are solo pretty deep into the forest and walk across something like this.
P6300009.jpg

I really have no idea it was a really isolated area in southern Oregon it just seemed an odd location for a carcass dump if that's what it was the bones didn't looked hacked up. I have come across a few oddities in the wood. A deer from the shoulders up neck still intact with the skull removed along with eyes and some kind of stuffing to fill out the skin around where the skull was. They had placed it in such a way that coming upon it it was staring at you with no eyes. Another which I did post a photo of was at least two miles into a national forest walking very quietly and noticed I had came upon a area that had hundreds of crosses made out of 3/4"PVC pipe which I am certain wasn't an old grave site.

Crdome

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Michael
I really have no idea it was a really isolated area in southern Oregon it just seemed an odd location for a carcass dump if that's what it was the bones didn't looked hacked up. I have come across a few oddities in the wood. A deer from the shoulders up neck still intact with the skull removed along with eyes and some kind of stuffing to fill out the skin around where the skull was. They had placed it in such a way that coming upon it it was staring at you with no eyes. Another which I did post a photo of was at least two miles into a national forest walking very quietly and noticed I had came upon a area that had hundreds of crosses made out of 3/4"PVC pipe which I am certain wasn't an old grave site.

Please re-post the hundreds crosses here. I'd love to see it.

CD77

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Chris
Heading home after my trek on Saturday and passed this van...

P1230114.jpg

Mack

Mu-43 All-Pro
This is taken off my dash cam, and a truly WTF moment. I've gotten so many bizarre things off the thing since it runs 24/7 with a front and rear camera. I bought it after some semi-truck rear ended me and figured it might save me in court if another accident doesn't turn out as well.

Below is a shot downtown taken last week where two girls on the right began yelling at me. Appears some totally naked guy was walking around on the opposite side of the street. You can barely make him out in the shadows in the enlarged portion take off the camera as I was about a half block distant and I was turning right into the alley where the girls came up to me. There was some street fair in next block on right and he may have been going there. Bizarre. :wtf:

7B.jpg

protapic

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
John
.....I have come across a few oddities in the wood. A deer from the shoulders up neck still intact with the skull removed along with eyes and some kind of stuffing to fill out the skin around where the skull was. They had placed it in such a way that coming upon it it was staring at you with no eyes........

Reminds me some time ago (back when I had a G2 ca 2012) I stumbled across this work of "art" while fishing. It is on a tree stump about 3 feet high...

art.jpg

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom