1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Post your Timelapse

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by Nathanael, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Nathanael

Nathanael Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 12, 2015
    I didn't find a mega-thread for posting timelapses so here goes.

A couple of my first attempts using the timelapse feature on E-M10. Intentionally short (<15s) because I share on Instagram. Maybe at some point I'll collect enough material for a longer video.

Post up your own!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Nathanael

Nathanael Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 12, 2015
    I'm still taken with the novelty of doing time lapse so I've been experimenting a bit. Here's some footage from a rainy night, all taken over the course of 2-3 hrs. Editing is the real time drain though. Wishing for something better than iMovie for making the videos though, it's really limited. Any free software alternatives you all can recommend? Currently grade the stills in lightroom, make into clips using Zeitraffer at a given frame rate, and then edit the clips in iMovie.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. faithblinded

faithblinded Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 25, 2014
    Cleveland, OH
    Ken
    I just finished this one. It's the first one that I've rendered in 4k resolution. I used the reflection in the pond to frame the sky. It's a perfect window to watch the few clouds go by. If you pay close attention, you may notice a beaver swim by at the end.

• Like Like x 3
  4. NoSeconds

NoSeconds Mu-43 All-Pro

What camera setup are you using for these...?

5. alex g

alex g Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 30, 2016
    New York / Bath
    This is just a fun record of the near-record-breaking snowfall we had last winter in NYC, in which two feet of snow fell in 24 hours. Shot from a window of my apartment with an E-M5 mkII + 7-14 f/2.8.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Nathanael

Nathanael Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 12, 2015
    Olympus EM10, Panasonic 14mm f2.5, $10 0.76x wide angle converter (there's a thread on here somewhere where I found out about it)

• Like Like x 1