Post your National Park photos

doxa750

Mu-43 Regular
Last edited:

scottv

Mu-43 Rookie
I guess it depends on the state. I’ve never run across a state park in Missouri that charges an entry fee—most of the department of conservation’s revenue comes from hunting and fishing license sales, so “shooting“ with a camera is totally free! Though we have no national parks in our state. :(
Just saw this, so excuse the late reply. Missouri also has a sales tax for recreation and conservation. One eighth of one percent of every taxable sale goes to the conservation department. So there are a lot of good conservation programs in Missouri. On a side note but not for the same reason, the St. Louis Zoo also has free admission (I believe funded by the cite/municipality not the state).

Darmok N Jalad

Temba, his aperture wide
Real Name
Randy
Just saw this, so excuse the late reply. Missouri also has a sales tax for recreation and conservation. One eighth of one percent of every taxable sale goes to the conservation department. So there are a lot of good conservation programs in Missouri. On a side note but not for the same reason, the St. Louis Zoo also has free admission (I believe funded by the cite/municipality not the state).
I believe the St Louis Zoo also has the benefit of being sponsored by Anheuser-Busch, which is based in St Louis. I know an entire section of the zoo has their name, so they probably paid for it!

guzziknight

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Grand Teton National Park. Beautiful park during the fall foliage colors!

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Snake River Overlook.

WaltP

Mu-43 All-Pro
Colorado, USA, Terra, Sol, W. Milky Way, 80905
Grand Tetons NP

stevedo

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve Douglas
Another Grand Tetons :) Hand held panorama resulting in an image just over 11,200 pixels wide.

stevedo

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve Douglas
Another hand held panorama. This time Grand Canyon north rim.

Holoholo55

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Walter
In Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. A view of the Kilauea Caldera and Halemaumau Crater before and after the big 2018 southeast rift eruption. I don't have views from the same viewpoint, because the eruptions caused severe earthquake damage to the Museum and closure of the entire park. The museum and overlook have been closed permanently. In fact, USGS scientists had to evacuate the neighboring Hawaii Volcano Observatory as well and move to another site.

A view of Halemaumau Crater from the Jaggar Museum overlook before the collapse. Kilauea Caldera is the flat area surrounding Halemaumau Crater and extends until the cliffs you see in the distance. There was an active vent in a fire pit inside the crater with a lava lake that occasionally rose so high that it overflowed and flowed out a little ways onto the crater floor. My wife Karen and son Dylan are in this December 2017 photo. Dylan said it was too cold to face the wind. :)
25412431298_c5411a04b1_c.jpg

• Olympus E-PM2, LUMIX G VARIO 12-32/F3.5-5.6, ƒ/5.6, 18.0 mm, 1/640, ISO 200

A view after they reopened the park to visitors. This is from the Kilauea lookout between the Volcano House and former Jaggar Museum in March 2019. Halemaumau Crater expanded so much due to collapse of the magma chamber under the crater that there is just a huge conical depression in the Caldera that extends all the way to the edge of the Caldera where the now-closed Jaggar Museum is, barely visible at the top of the cliff at the far right. The white cliffs at the far left mark about where the old Halemaumau Crater was. The road is closed beyond the Kilauea Military Camp, so people can't go to the old museum or lookout.
33636738578_d9fa80d048_c.jpg

A panorama from my iPhone at the Kilauea lookout. The vastly larger Halemaumau Crater is in the middle. The trail on the left goes to Volcano House, and to the right heads out to where the Jaggar Museum is, but the trail is closed a couple of hundred yards along the way. Mauna Loa is in the background at far right. You can see some steam venting in the left background. If you walk back toward the road, you'll come to the Steam Vents.

47513416321_c1e272ed9f_k.jpg

Last edited:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom