Post your high ISO G9 images (please)

iLumix

Mu-43 Regular
Would love to see how the G9 camera handles higher ISO.

I'm considering buying this camera but I hear stories... :(

saladin

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
jason

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Sam0912

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Sam Roberts
Thanks @saladin that looks amazing to me. Most importantly to me, the noise that is present looks quite grain like and natural, unlike the blotchy colour noise I used to see on my GF1 between 800 and 1600 iso. Plenty of detail too.

Davidof_CR

Mu-43 Veteran
ISO 3200
G9 + 200/2.8 + TC1.4x

ToxicTabasco

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
ToxicTabasco
With the G9, I've been shooting mostly lower than 800 ISO with longer exposures up to 2 and 4 seconds with dual IS2. However, I did some indoor tests in very low light with good results at ISO 3200 which I didn't think was possible. Another thing that surprised me is the G9 has a great JPG processor that controls noise very well up to 3200. And that's likely why the video quality is very good up to 3200. If you've seen the website imaging resources, they have test samples to compare with other cameras.

Although I don't have any decent 3200 ISO photo to present, I do have some video of the G9's performance at ISO3200 in 4K video. All the night video clips with slow motion are with ISO 3200.

Last edited:

ToxicTabasco

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
ToxicTabasco
Would love to see how the G9 camera handles higher ISO.

I'm considering buying this camera but I hear stories... :(
I wouldn't believe too many stories. I shot this while at a rest stop along Hwy 41 near Paso Robles CA. While in the parking lot, I could barely make out the Milky Way to the South. To see if it was the Milky Way, I pulled out the G9 and a tripod and shot this (12mm, f/2.8, ISO3200, 15 sec). The light in the foreground is from the rest area. The G9 isn't not going to beat a DSLR for night sky photography, but the clarity, detail and noise control was way better than I expected (Zoom in to have a look). Even with in camera NR, I was able to add about 1/2 stop of detail and clarity with NR in LR. My older Nikon D3200 had about the same ISO performance as the G9. But, the G9 can't beat the D7200 when it comes to these long exposure high ISO shots.

Last edited:

jederick

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Our Boston Terrier puppy...ISO 6400.

Real Name
Mike Peters
ISO 5000

ToxicTabasco

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
ToxicTabasco
Here's some examples of G9's three highest ISO settings. JPEG straight out the camera, no editing: The last one is extended ISO.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom