1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Post Processing Challenge No. 177

Discussion in 'Contests and Challenges' started by siftu, Jun 4, 2015.

1. siftu

siftu Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 26, 2015
    Bay Area, CA
    siftu
    I took this one back in January in Fort Ross, CA. It was an old Russian trading post/fort. I took photos in many rooms and just loved the light the windows produced. This was my first outing with my m43 gear!. This photo has a nice big post right in the middle of the frame, I really could not lean over the rail any further to get a better angle. Looking forward to see what people are going to do with this.

The winner will be announced around 9pm Sunday PDT or there abouts.

78pdo0E.

RAW: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/906920/PP177/P1170393.ORF
    JPEG: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/906920/PP177/P1170393_LR.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Rules:

The Challenger will provide any photo that he/she deems worthy of challenging other members to "improve" by way Post Processing. It must be their own photo. "Improve" is a subjective term, and includes many creative ideas as well as traditional "fixing". The Challenger agrees that entrants may make any changes they deem fit to post in their entry.

The winner of the previous challenge gets to post the next Challenge and serves as the judge for his/her PP challenge.

For obvious purposes, the judge is disqualified from participating in his/her own PP challenge. Instead, he/she should post a photo to start out the challenge.

***** If the winner fails to post a new challenge within five days, the responsibility passes to the runner-up. *****

At the end of the 72-hours (we don't have to be strict about 72-hours, especially with time differences depending on where you are on the globe), the judge will name a winner, a first runner-up, and a second runner-up.

----------------------------------------------

Entrants:

The Challenger's image is posted for the sole purpose of the PP Challenge; it is not posted to invite Critique or Criticism.

Entries shall be limited to 2 per member for each Challenge.

Entrants to post a BBCode link to the Large size image of their PP edit(s), preferably 1024px x npx, or npx x 1024px, if the original image and/or the PP edit allow for these sizes. Also a click-through to the original sized hosted edit if appropriate (but not a requirement for entry). If you post your entry to a photo-hosting site such as Flickr, Photobucket, or a Gallery, etc., please credit the original photographer to make it clear it is not your photograph; something like "Photo taken by Lurch over at Mu-43.com" should suffice.

Entrants are strongly encouraged to post the settings and techniques used for their entry, however this is not a requirement for entry.

As we all know, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. We may not all agree with the chosen winners, but the judges decision is final without adverse comment from the Entrants; the judge is encouraged (but not required) to state what criteria he used to decide on a winner.

To make sure we don't break any Mu-43 rules/regulations, by participating in the PP Challenge you are allowing the judge to re-post your image for the sole purpose of announcing the winners in the thread.

2. jyc860923

jyc860923 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 28, 2012
    Shenyang, China
    贾一川
    • Like Like x 2
  3. EdH

EdH Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 14, 2014
    Devon, UK
    Ed
    P1170393-edit.

Cropped, tweaked and restored some of the table cloth in PS

4. Brian Beezley

Brian Beezley Mu-43 All-Pro

• Like Like x 1
  5. Halaking

Halaking Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 17, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Morris
  6. tyrphoto

tyrphoto Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2014
    Seoul | NYC
    ㅇtㅈyㅅr
    Color:

Monochrome:

7. sesser

sesser Zen Master

Mar 10, 2015
    Portland, OR
    randy
    P1170393-3.JPG

#2 - Pseudo-HDR using virtual copies in LR6 and HDR photo merge. Interesting process.
    P1170393-HDR.JPG

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
  8. bigboysdad

bigboysdad Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 25, 2013
    Sydney/ London
    Lightroom only on this one.

P1170393.JPG

9. Been away for sometime...bit of health problems.

All the major work done in ACR. Afterwards some fine tuning with nik Color Efex (Dynamic Contrast) and High-Pass sharpening.

P1170393.

• Like Like x 3
  10. bigboysdad

bigboysdad Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 25, 2013
    Sydney/ London
  11. Gerard

Gerard Mu-43 All-Pro

May 12, 2015
    Vleuten, Utrecht
    image. Photogene4 IOS

12. dbuckle

dbuckle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
  13. siftu

siftu Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 26, 2015
    Bay Area, CA
    siftu
    Thanks to everyone for their entries. It was a difficult decision as I like parts of lots of the entries. But here are the results.

Winner: Brian Beezley - I just like the processing on this one. The crop suits it and the shadow remains which I think is needed to keep the mood in this photo. Well done Brain.
    Runner up: jyc860923 - This low contrast type conversion worked quite well. Nice color processing.
    2nd Runner up: tyrphoto - Color - This is a strong conversion also. I like the tone you used it goes well with the original scene.

Well done Brain. Looking forward to the next challenge.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Brian Beezley

Brian Beezley Mu-43 All-Pro

Thanks very much, Siftu! I thought that was an interesting scene, quite moody. Must have been a fun place to visit.

Let me poke around and see what I can unearth for a suitable challenge.

Brian