Post Processing Challenge #660 - Closed - Winner Announced

Zapp DJR

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Darek
Maybe we could use in this case the system from Monthly contest reactions / points, and nominate the Winner.
(And no excuses accepted 🙃 )

oh my gosh! I am so so sorry! Lame excuse I know, but have had a rather emotional six weeks or so, then went back to work and had a very complex, heavy case load (I am a nurse), and just kept drifting off to sleep when I sat down, and would be checking the forum.

My most sincere apologies in letting you all down.

BosseBe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bo
oh my gosh! I am so so sorry! Lame excuse I know, but have had a rather emotional six weeks or so, then went back to work and had a very complex, heavy case load (I am a nurse), and just kept drifting off to sleep when I sat down, and would be checking the forum.

My most sincere apologies in letting you all down.
I am prepared to wait for your judging so if you have time please give us your verdict.

I am prepared to wait for your judging so if you have time please give us your verdict.

I've been looking at the edits with as critical eye as I can ... will wait and see if there is a consensus that I would still decide, before posting my choices.

Thank you all - very good images, which make judging so difficult.

Not and entry, but only to show that I learned something new from this Challenge. I tried to emulate what @RichardC did by compressing the foreground and I think it worked. Thank you, Richard!

P1020032_DxOdcTestLL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

RichardC

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Richard
Not and entry, but only to show that I learned something new from this Challenge. I tried to emulate what @RichardC did by compressing the foreground and I think it worked. Thank you, Richard!

Rule of thirds. If it doesn't fit, make it fit :)

Also very handy (along with content aware scale) for sorting out off-centre portraits.

WhidbeyLVR

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Lyle
Too late and out of challenge, but just saying hello again.

PPC660_01.jpg

PPC660_01BW.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks all for the edits. I was surprised by the number and black and white edits, and how much I enjoyed them. Looked back and I hadn't done even one, which surprised me, although i did take a lot of photos that day ....

I'm sorry I'm not that good at critiquing, so haven't provided a lot of detail ....

3rd @frankmulder for his black and white entry, I like the way the layers in the hills have come up especially

2nd @Rob Rider at first I couldn't work out why I liked this , then realised the tilt shift effect focussed the eyes on the groyne, fisherman and fisrt layers in the hills

1st @BosseBe - I really enjoyed the dramatic look of this, as it ended up being rather a dramatic day later weather wise with a storm to drive home in.

again apologies for the lateness, and thanks for your patience everyone.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom