Post Processing Challenge #463

Walter

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Post Processing Challenge #463
Getting ready for the date
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The jpg-file is here (no raw available):
https://inweetation.lima-city.de/P6270041.JPG

This contest will close Sunday April 28, 2019 at 18:00 GMT/UTC+1.

72-Hour Post-Processing Challenge Rules

The Challenge Master provides an image or images to be "improved" upon by way of post-processing, as well as a closing date for entries.
Entrants are to post their entries, visible in this thread, at a resolution of 1000 to 1600 pixels in the longest dimension, prior to the closing date.
Each entrant is allowed two entries in the Challenge.
At the close of the Challenge, the Challenge Master will select a Winner and Runners-up.
The Winner of the challenge is honored as the Master of the next Challenge.

Notes:
Any/all source images used for the challenge must be the Challenge Master's own images. They are posted solely for the purpose of this Challenge; not to invite critique or criticism nor for other uses. If Entrants post their entries at a photo sharing site, they should credit the owner of the original image.

"Improve" is a subjective term, and may include many creative ideas, as well as traditional "fixing". The Challenge Master agrees that Entrants may make any changes they deem fit in their entries.

Entrants are strongly encouraged to share the tools and techniques used for their entries, however this is not a requirement for entry.

As we all know, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. The Challenge Master is encouraged (but not required) to state the criteria used to decide upon a Winner. While we may not all agree with the result, the Challenge Master's decision is final. Please refrain from posting adverse comment.

If the Winner is unable to post a new Challenge within five days, the honor passes to the next Runner-up.

If i go around any faster i will vanish up my own DA

Walter

Mu-43 Top Veteran
@panamike
Your entry gave me a good laugh. But please help a German with getting your intended understanding of "DA" ... I found more than 150 suggestions and am a bit lost ;-?

rpatodia

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Ramesh

relic

Mu-43 All-Pro
I really didn't know what to do with this beautiful image, as it seemed perfect as it is. So I took some liberties. Edited it in Elements, and added a minute amount of dynamic contrast and vignette in ON1 Effects. Edit: I adjusted the shadow under the tail (originally I had mistakenly extended it all the way to the left edge of the image).

Last edited:

Walter

Mu-43 Top Veteran
@rpatodia, post: 1276059
You really got him sharp ... eyes, beak and feathers. I tried in vain with PS and LR. What did you use?

AussiePhil

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Phil
I fell into the same camp as relic, loved the image as presented so figured we would create something fun
Found my date for the night

Walter

Mu-43 Top Veteran
@AussiePhil, post: 1276084
panamike gave the start, yours is the second in this direction, gave me a good laugh, too ... I really love the way you play with the original. Hoping for more to come in this playful way. :clapping:

This already looked pretty good so I just worked on a few little things like the leaf and got rid of some distracting spots near the beak.
I used Nik effects extract detail, adjusted colors/contrast, made a vignette with the radial filter in camera raw and then sharpened with topaz sharpen AI and resized.

Last edited:

gwydionjhr

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Joel
De-haze to change the reflection on the water. Clarity on the water. Selective sharpening of the bird.

BosseBe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bo
I agree with others that not much needed to be done, some little things done in DxO PL2.

And a B&W attempt (or rather selective colour).

On this version I used Topaz impressions watercolor at about 50 percent opacity.
I used a mask over the Ducks face to keep it sharp and tried to keep a light rendition.

todd phillips

Mu-43 Veteran

was trying to enhance the wet look..

betamax

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Alan
Using Nik to create circular motion blurr and increase detail a little, and tighter crop.

aKilter

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
David

aKilter

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
David

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom