1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Post Processing Challenge #273

Discussion in 'Contests and Challenges' started by dbuckle, Sep 10, 2016.

1. dbuckle

dbuckle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I took this a few years ago in St Chathrines Ontario.

29291747310_00860645f0_o. P4094050ct-1
    by Dave Buckle, on Flickr

Contest will close Tuesday morning at 7AM Toronto time.

The Rules
    The Challenger will provide any photo that he/she deems worthy of challenging other members to "improve" by way Post Processing. It must be their own photo. "Improve" is a subjective term, and includes many creative ideas as well as traditional "fixing". The Challenger agrees that entrants may make any changes they deem fit to post in their entry.

The winner of the previous challenge gets to post the next Challenge and serves as the judge for his/her PP challenge.

For obvious purposes, the judge is disqualified from participating in his/her own PP challenge. Instead, he/she should post a photo to start out the challenge.

If the winner fails to post a new challenge within five days, the responsibility passes to the runner-up.

At the end of the 72-hours (we don't have to be strict about 72-hours, especially with time differences depending on where you are on the globe), the judge will name a winner, a first runner-up, and a second runner-up.

----------------------------------------------

Entrants
    The Challenger's image is posted for the sole purpose of the PP Challenge; it is not posted to invite Critique or Criticism.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
  2. dlpruk

dlpruk Mu-43 Regular

I'll kick-off:
    Straightened, spotted, reflections added, general colour and lighting adjustments plus some light brushwork, all in LRCC.

Waterside (1 of 1).
    Original at Flickr.

Recropped:
    Waterside (1 of 1)-5.
    Original at Flickr

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. protapic

protapic Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 12, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    John
    oily version

C273oil.

• Like Like x 2
  4. dbuckle

dbuckle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Contest is now closed.
    Only a couple of images posted. The crop by dlpruk really caught my eye so I've chosen it as the winner.

5. dlpruk

dlpruk Mu-43 Regular

Thanks; it was a lovely shot to play with so it seems extraordinary that more didn't want to. Holidays perhaps?

As I did the last one, I'll pass this time if protapic can do the next. Please!

6. protapic

protapic Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 12, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    John
    OK, I'll dig around and get one up soon. I agree, that photo had many good opportunities to play with.