1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Post Processing Challenge #272

Discussion in 'Contests and Challenges' started by dlpruk, Sep 4, 2016.

1. dlpruk

dlpruk Mu-43 Regular

Here's another shot from the motorcycle scramblers set for you to play with. I grabbed this one of a fond mum and her teenage son while walking around because i liked the expressions - but it's awfully cluttered so see what you can do with it.

Scrambler.

Dropbox - P1010550.JPG
    Dropbox - P1100964.dng

The Rules
    The Challenger will provide any photo that he/she deems worthy of challenging other members to "improve" by way Post Processing. It must be their own photo. "Improve" is a subjective term, and includes many creative ideas as well as traditional "fixing". The Challenger agrees that entrants may make any changes they deem fit to post in their entry.

The winner of the previous challenge gets to post the next Challenge and serves as the judge for his/her PP challenge.

For obvious purposes, the judge is disqualified from participating in his/her own PP challenge. Instead, he/she should post a photo to start out the challenge.

If the winner fails to post a new challenge within five days, the responsibility passes to the runner-up.

At the end of the 72-hours (we don't have to be strict about 72-hours, especially with time differences depending on where you are on the globe), the judge will name a winner, a first runner-up, and a second runner-up.

----------------------------------------------

Entrants
    The Challenger's image is posted for the sole purpose of the PP Challenge; it is not posted to invite Critique or Criticism.

Entries shall be limited to 2 per member for each Challenge.

Entrants to post a BBCode link to the Large size image of their PP edit(s), preferably 1024px x npx, or npx x 1024px, if the original image and/or the PP edit allow for these sizes. Also a click-through to the original sized hosted edit if appropriate (but not a requirement for entry). If you post your entry to a photo-hosting site such as Flickr, Photobucket, or a Gallery, etc., please credit the original photographer to make it clear it is not your photograph; something like "Photo taken by XXXXX over at Mu-43.com" should suffice.

Entrants are strongly encouraged to post the settings and techniques used for their entry, however this is not a requirement for entry.

As we all know, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. We may not all agree with the chosen winners, but the judges decision is final without adverse comment from the Entrants; the judge is encouraged (but not required) to state what criteria he used to decide on a winner.

To make sure we don't break any Mu-43 rules/regulations, by participating in the PP Challenge you are allowing the judge to re-post your image for the sole purpose of announcing the winners in the thread.

---
    Contest will close on Thurday September 8th, at 10AM GMT.

Have fun!

2. protapic

protapic Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 12, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    John
    just playing.....photoshop and a little LR love

C272a.

• Like Like x 1
  3. dlpruk

dlpruk Mu-43 Regular

As only two entries had been made before closing time, I'm extending this by 24 hours to 10am GMT on Friday.

4. dbuckle

dbuckle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

• Like Like x 1
  5. sokar

sokar Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 30, 2011
    An attempt at a news report styled image.

PP272 (1 of 1).

6. bigboysdad

bigboysdad Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 25, 2013
    Sydney/ London
    • Like Like x 1
  7. dlpruk

dlpruk Mu-43 Regular

This challenge is now finished; thanks for the late rush!

Results later today.

8. dlpruk

dlpruk Mu-43 Regular

I hoped the problems with is shot would bring some interesting suggestions to overcome the very harsh mid-day lighting, with the usual overexposed whites and underexposed shadows that resulted - both of which were easier to fix in RAW - and messy background to the main figures but creativity seemed to rule this time.

Among the colour entries, I particularly liked dbuckle's second entry, Scrambler 2, for the way he brought the main figures forward and concentrated attention on the rider.

There were some interesting B/W approaches too, with bigboysdad particularly successful with the rider to my mind - although I liked sokar's broader view and his wonderful sky too.

My winner is dbuckle, with bigboysdad as first runner-up and sokar as second.

Good luck with #273 dbuckle; it's yours!

• Like Like x 1
  9. dbuckle

dbuckle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I'm always surprised when one of my images is chosen because everyones work is so good. Anyways thanks and I have post a new challenge.

10. dlpruk

dlpruk Mu-43 Regular

Thanks Dave; I'll enjoy playing with #273. You forgot to give a closing date though so how long do we have?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016