1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Post Processing Challenge #252

Discussion in 'Contests and Challenges' started by dlpruk, May 30, 2016.

1. dlpruk

dlpruk Mu-43 Regular

Lots of tidying-up to do here but I hope you'll do more than that. Have fun!

P1100846.
    DNG and JPG are here.

This Challenge will be closed on Saturday June 4th at midnight in the UK. I'll announce winners on Monday.
    -- David
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Rules:
    The Judge will provide a photo, challenging Entrants to "improve" it by way of post-processing. It must be the Judge's own photo. "Improve" is a subjective term, and includes many creative ideas as well as traditional "fixing". The Judge agrees that Entrants may make any changes they deem fit to post in their entries.

At the end of the challenge, the Judge will name a Winner, a First Runner-up, and a Second Runner-up. For obvious reasons, the Judge may not enter the challenge.

The Winner of the challenge shall serve as the Judge of the next challenge. If the Winner fails to post a new challenge within five days, the responsibility passes to successive Runners-up.
    ----------------------------------------------

Entrants:
    The Judge's image is posted for the sole purpose of this challenge; it is not posted to invite critique or criticism.

Entries shall be limited to 2 per Entrant.

Entrants are to post their images, visible in this thread with no more than 1600 pixels in the longest dimension. If you post your entry to a photo-hosting site such as Flickr, Photobucket, or a Gallery, etc., please credit the original photographer to make it clear it is not your photograph; something like "Photo taken by dlpruk over at Mu-43.com" should suffice.

Entrants are strongly encouraged to post the tools and techniques used for their entries, however this is not a requirement for entry.
    ----------------------------------------------

As we all know, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. The Judge is encouraged (but not required) to state what criteria were used to decide on a winner. We may not all agree with the chosen winners, but the Judge's decision is final. Please refrain from posting adverse comment.

By participating in this challenge, Entrants allow the Judge to re-post their images in this thread for the sole purpose of announcing the winners.

• Like Like x 1
  2. WhidbeyLVR

WhidbeyLVR Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 14, 2014
    Whidbey Island
    Lyle
    • Like Like x 4
  3. WhidbeyLVR

WhidbeyLVR Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 14, 2014
    Whidbey Island
    Lyle
    • Like Like x 1
  4. vorlon1

vorlon1 Mu-43 Regular

May 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. dlpruk

dlpruk Mu-43 Regular

Counting down the hours. Just 23 left.

6. Scotsman

Scotsman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 13, 2013
    √Čtats-Unis
    Dave
    Although far from a stellar effort, I appreciate David(dlpruk) hosting this Challenge and wanted to show support with my participation. Let's see some more entries!
    image.

• Like Like x 1
  7. dlpruk

dlpruk Mu-43 Regular

This challenge is now closed.

I'm sorry so few people felt up to it but at least that makes judging easier. I'll sleep on it before picking from Lyle's expert cloning, vorlon1's lovely sky and Scotsman's ultra creativity as they all deserve to win.

Thanks all of you.

David

8. dlpruk

dlpruk Mu-43 Regular

OK, this is how I saw them:

I thought Scotsman's graphic rendering of the scrambler was superb, but I didn't feel the background enhanced the subject so this entry is my second runner-up.

Lyle's entries were both superb, but I marginally preferred the colour version, so he's my runner-up.

I forgave vorlon1 for missing a bit of wire because I thought retaining the vans was inspired as that added depth without being a distraction. And the sky is simply a magnificent rendering of the truth as I remember it. So over to you vorlon1!

Thanks again all of you.

David

• Like Like x 1
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  9. vorlon1

vorlon1 Mu-43 Regular

May 8, 2012
    Thanks, I'll try to put something up by Monday night, Eastern US. time.