1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Post Processing Challenge #251

Discussion in 'Contests and Challenges' started by vorlon1, May 24, 2016.

1. vorlon1

vorlon1 Mu-43 Regular

May 8, 2012
    Where I live there is constant construction on many of the main roads. I have taken an interest in looking at this an aspect of our everyday environment and have begun thinking of them as "Suburban Landscapes." So, see what you can do with this landscape.

27128338262_dce9493f08_b.jpg subscape by vorlon44, on Flickr

JPEG file: http://vorlon1.com/subscape.jpg
    Raw file: http://vorlon1.com/subscape1.orf

Contest will close May 27at approx. 9:00PM EST(USA)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Rules

The Challenger will provide any photo that he/she deems worthy of challenging other members to "improve" by way Post Processing. It must be their own photo. "Improve" is a subjective term, and includes many creative ideas as well as traditional "fixing". The Challenger agrees that entrants may make any changes they deem fit to post in their entry.

The winner of the previous challenge gets to post the next Challenge and serves as the judge for his/her PP challenge.

For obvious purposes, the judge is disqualified from participating in his/her own PP challenge. Instead, he/she should post a photo to start out the challenge.

If the winner fails to post a new challenge within five days, the responsibility passes to the runner-up.

At the end of the 72-hours (we don't have to be strict about 72-hours, especially with time differences depending on where you are on the globe), the judge will name a winner, a first runner-up, and a second runner-up.

----------------------------------------------

Entrants

The Challenger's image is posted for the sole purpose of the PP Challenge; it is not posted to invite Critique or Criticism.

Entries shall be limited to 2 per member for each Challenge.

Entrants to post a BBCode link to the Large size image of their PP edit(s), preferably 1024px x npx, or npx x 1024px, if the original image and/or the PP edit allow for these sizes. Also a click-through to the original sized hosted edit if appropriate (but not a requirement for entry). If you post your entry to a photo-hosting site such as Flickr, Photobucket, or a Gallery, etc., please credit the original photographer to make it clear it is not your photograph; something like "Photo taken by XXXXX over at Mu-43.com" should suffice.

Entrants are strongly encouraged to post the settings and techniques used for their entry, however this is not a requirement for entry.

As we all know, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. We may not all agree with the chosen winners, but the judges decision is final without adverse comment from the Entrants; the judge is encouraged (but not required) to state what criteria he used to decide on a winner.

To make sure we don't break any Mu-43 rules/regulations, by participating in the PP Challenge you are allowing the judge to re-post your image for the sole purpose of announcing the winners in the thread.

2. Brian Beezley

Brian Beezley Mu-43 All-Pro

• Like Like x 2
  3. NY Gadget Guy

NY Gadget Guy Mu-43 Regular

Mar 17, 2016
  4. Opposite Direction:

OppositeDirection2.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. SimonP

SimonP New to Mu-43

May 13, 2016
    Brussels, Belgium
    Simon
  6. Scotsman

Scotsman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 13, 2013
    États-Unis
    Dave
    16:9 crop with high contrast B&W processing to emphasize lines and shapes
    image.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  7. protapic

protapic Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 12, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    John
    Some tweaks in Color Efex Pro (tonal contrast/warmth) and crop (emphasize vertical structures) and color adjustments in LR

C251.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. sokar

sokar Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 30, 2011
    Cropped and basic adjustments in LR5. Conversion in Silver Effects Pro using some control points and toning.

PP 251.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. NigelD

NigelD Mu-43 Regular

Sep 23, 2015
    Post Processing challenge 251.jpg
    Flipped image and cropped. Clone stamp to fill in bits, H&S adjustment and smart sharpen

• Like Like x 4
  10. Strange....nobody seems to give"likes" to the entries....

11. NigelD

NigelD Mu-43 Regular

Sep 23, 2015
    Thank you Zeus1

12. dlpruk

dlpruk Mu-43 Regular

Two efforts from Lightroom with various brush tweaks and colour adjustments aiming for a natural look, firstly, and a bit more drama in the sky, secondly:
    Highway 1.jpg
    Original at Flickr

Highway2.jpg
    Original at Flickr

• Like Like x 1
  13. vorlon1

vorlon1 Mu-43 Regular

May 8, 2012
    Lot of interesting ideas, folks.

14. Scotsman

Dec 13, 2013
    États-Unis
    Dave
    I had some free time, so converted my 1st entry into a somewhat impressionist style painting using an impasto technique.....which is most evident in the clouds and sky.
    image.jpeg

Last edited: May 27, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. vorlon1

vorlon1 Mu-43 Regular

May 8, 2012
    The contest is now closed, results shortly. Thanks to all who participated.

16. Mr Hahn

Mr Hahn Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 9, 2010
    SLC, Utah
    Nate
    Oh well, I'm posting it because I already made it.

27296916255_5e947d8b32_c.jpg
    by
    Nathan Hahn, on Flickr

17. vorlon1

vorlon1 Mu-43 Regular

May 8, 2012
    Thanks for posting anyway.

18. vorlon1

vorlon1 Mu-43 Regular

May 8, 2012
    Thanks again to everyone who participated. Here are the results:

Third place goes to NigelD for reversing the image and almost giving me vertigo, very creative.

Second place goes to dlpruk for the first entry. I like what you did with the colors, very nice.

First place goes to Scotsman for his revision of his first entry, the impressionist version. I really liked the mood that treatment created. Great job, over to you for the next one.

• Like Like x 2
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  19. Scotsman

Dec 13, 2013
    États-Unis
    Dave
    Thank you, Vorlon1. I too, prefer my second entry. Unfortunately, I am out of town for the weekend and don't have access to any RAW files. I would appreciate it if David(dlpruk), as runner up, would host the next Challenge.