1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Post-Processing Challenge #246

Discussion in 'Contests and Challenges' started by vorlon1, Apr 19, 2016.

1. vorlon1

vorlon1 Mu-43 Regular

May 8, 2012
    This was taken with a Fuji X30. See what you can do with it.

26491645916_48031f2091_b. park1 by vorlon44, on Flickr

Http://vorlon1.com/park1.jpg
    Http://vorlon1.com/park1.RAF
    Http://vorlon1.com/park1.tif

This Challenge will be closed Thursday, April 21st. I'll announce winners by Friday.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Rules:

The Judge will provide a photo, challenging Entrants to "improve" it by way of post-processing. It must be the Judge's own photo. "Improve" is a subjective term, and includes many creative ideas as well as traditional "fixing". The Judge agrees that Entrants may make any changes they deem fit to post in their entries.

At the end of the challenge, the Judge will name a Winner, a First Runner-up, and a Second Runner-up. For obvious reasons, the Judge may not enter the challenge.

The Winner of the challenge shall serve as the Judge of the next challenge. If the Winner fails to post a new challenge within five days, the responsibility passes to successive Runners-up.
    ----------------------------------------------

Entrants:

The Judge's image is posted for the sole purpose of this challenge; it is not posted to invite critique or criticism.

Entries shall be limited to 2 per Entrant.

Entrants are to post their images, visible in this thread with 1000 to 1600 pixels in the longest dimension. If you post your entry to a photo-hosting site such as Flickr, Photobucket, or a Gallery, etc., please credit the original photographer to make it clear it is not your photograph; something like "Photo taken by Lurch over at Mu-43.com" should suffice.

Entrants are strongly encouraged to post the tools and techniques used for their entries, however this is not a requirement for entry.
    ----------------------------------------------

As we all know, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. The Judge is encouraged (but not required) to state what criteria were used to decide on a winner. We may not all agree with the chosen winners, but the Judge's decision is final. Please refrain from posting adverse comment.

By participating in this challenge, Entrants allow the Judge to re-post their images in this thread for the sole purpose of announcing the winners.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  2. Scotsman

Scotsman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 13, 2013
    √Čtats-Unis
    Dave
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. dlpruk

dlpruk Mu-43 Regular

If anyone couldn't get the RAF to open in LRCC, like me, it might help them to know that PSCC worked fine so now I've got a TIFF to play with in LRCC tomorrow.

These are what I came up with after editing the TIFF in PSCC to remove the litter bin and various attempts at colour and lighting adjustments in LRCC because I couldn't decide which areas I wanted as the main point(s) of interest and how much drama. In the end I hedged my bets!
    26285942200_be445bde38_h.
    Original at Flickr

26271161720_2449fa03eb_h.
    Original at Flickr

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  4. Tenpenny

Tenpenny Mu-43 Regular

Mar 16, 2015
    Nampa, Idaho
    Brent Watkins

• Like Like x 5
  5. kauphymug

kauphymug Mu-43 Regular

May 1, 2015
    Cowford, Florida
  6. vorlon1

vorlon1 Mu-43 Regular

May 8, 2012
    For anyone having trouble with the raw file I have posted a link to a tif converted from the raw with the other 2 links.

7. vorlon1

vorlon1 Mu-43 Regular

May 8, 2012
    Here are the results:
    First place goes to Scotsman, for an interesting and unusual rendition.
    Second to Tenpenny for a warmer treatment of the initial image.
    Third to dlpruk for the black and white treatment.

Nice work folks.

8. protapic

protapic Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 12, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    John
    Did the next contest #247 start yet or have I missed it? @Scotsman@Scotsman

9. Scotsman

Scotsman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 13, 2013
    √Čtats-Unis
    Dave
    Wow! Thank you for choosing my processing as the winner, vorlon1 and for today's post, John. I've had a lot going on recently and somehow didn't catch the results. My apologies. I will get something up for the next challenge soon.