Post Processing Challenge #224

Discussion in 'Contests and Challenges' started by previz, Jan 11, 2016.

1. previz

previz Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 8, 2011
    Slovenia
    Peter
    A snap from a walk with my dog. Do your magic!

#224.

RAW JPG

Contest will close on January 14, around 9pm CET.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Rules:

The Challenger will provide any photo that he/she deems worthy of challenging other members to "improve" by way Post Processing. It must be their own photo. "Improve" is a subjective term, and includes many creative ideas as well as traditional "fixing." The Challenger agrees that entrants may make any changes they deem fit to post in their entry.

The winner of the previous challenge gets to post the next Challenge and serves as the judge for his/her PP challenge.

For obvious purposes, the judge is disqualified from participating in his/her own PP challenge. Instead, he/she should post a photo to start out the challenge.

***** If the winner fails to post a new challenge within five days, the responsibility passes to the runner-up. *****

At the end of the 72-hours (we don't have to be strict about 72-hours, especially with time differences depending on where you are on the globe), the judge will name a winner, a first runner-up, and a second runner-up.

Entrants:

The Challenger's image is posted for the sole purpose of the PP Challenge; it is not posted to invite Critique or Criticism.

Entries shall be limited to 2 per member for each Challenge.

Entrants to post a BBCode link to the Large size image of their PP edit(s), preferably 1024px x npx, or npx x 1024px, if the original image and/or the PP edit allow for these sizes. Also a click-through to the original sized hosted edit if appropriate (but not a requirement for entry). If you post your entry to a photo-hosting site such as Flickr, Photobucket, or a Gallery, etc., please credit the original photographer to make it clear it is not your photograph; something like "Photo taken by Lurch over at Mu-43.com" should suffice.

Entrants are strongly encouraged to post the settings and techniques used for their entry, however this is not a requirement for entry.

As we all know, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. We may not all agree with the chosen winners, but the judges decision is final without adverse comment from the Entrants; the judge is encouraged (but not required) to state what criteria he used to decide on a winner.

To make sure we don't break any Mu-43 rules/regulations, by participating in the PP Challenge you are allowing the judge to re-post your image for the sole purpose of announcing the winners in the thread.

2. protapic

protapic Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 12, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    John
    first try

C224a.

• Like Like x 1
  3. protapic

protapic Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 12, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    John
  4. steve

steve Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 18, 2010
    Havertown, PA
  5. jyc860923

jyc860923 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 28, 2012
    Shenyang, China
    贾一川
  6. ijm5012

ijm5012 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 2, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ian

• Like Like x 2
  7. TaoStory

TaoStory Mu-43 Regular

May 12, 2014
    Benton Harbor, Michigan
    Tom Remisoski
    • Like Like x 1
  8. AussiePhil

AussiePhil Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 1, 2014
    Canberra, ACT, Aust
    Phil
  9. Scotsman

Scotsman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 13, 2013
    États-Unis
    Dave
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Brian Beezley

Brian Beezley Mu-43 All-Pro

11. Conrad

Conrad Mu-43 Veteran

Has been some time that I have participated, but here goes one again. Extensive dodging and burning in PS to adjust local contrast and some color shifting in ACR. I went for a natural look.

#224.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Tenpenny

Tenpenny Mu-43 Regular

Mar 16, 2015
    Nampa, Idaho
    Brent Watkins
    On crap monitor at work. So, I'm not sure if it looks like I think it looks. And yeah... I should probably be doing actual work ;)

• Like Like x 2
  13. dlpruk

dlpruk Mu-43 Regular

23717499333_cf8a6f11bd_b_d.
    Some spot removal plus general and local exposure and colour adjustments, sharpening and noise reduction aiming at a bright but still natural look. All in Lightroom. Full size version here.

I liked this softer version too:

#224-21.
    Full size version here.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  14. previz

previz Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 8, 2011
    Slovenia
    Peter
    12 more hours 'till the end of this contest.
    Thanks to all participant so far.

15. janelux

janelux Mu-43 Regular

Dec 20, 2015
    Clearwater, Florida
    Jane
  16. previz

previz Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 8, 2011
    Slovenia
    Peter
    That's it for #224 and here are the result:

2nd runner-up - Ian (ijm5012)
    #3 Ian ijm5012.
    This is the style I usually go for too,
    but it's just a bit overdone for my taste.

1st runner-up - Zeus1
    #2 Zeus1.
    Great as usual. I especially like your touch on tree.
    It's got almost translucent feel.

winner - David (dlpruk)
    #1 David dlpruk.
    Your version is the one my wife and I liked the most.
    So much depth in there now. Very well done!

#225 is yours David and thanks again to all contestant.

• Like Like x 2
  17. dlpruk

dlpruk Mu-43 Regular

Thanks Peter - and please thank your wife too and congratulate her on her taste and expert judgement! :)

I'll kick-off with 225 later this evening with something very different and look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with.

David

18. dlpruk

dlpruk Mu-43 Regular

• Like Like x 1