Post Processing Challenge #200

AussiePhil

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Phil
This is from a day trip late last summer taking a good friend out who had not long bought an EM10 having seeing my EM1.

She was doing a lot of practice with different filters I had donated by taking photos of these bolts, I grabbed a couple quick snaps with the 12-60 and was somewhat surprised how well they came out but I never got back to edit them.

A bonus winner if anyone can pinpoint the historical significance of the bolts and where they are located.... and they do have one that is directly related to the USA :)

_EM56982x800.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Let's see some of the creative spirit arise..... go for it.

As always for me I only keep DNG files on the NAS drive

RAW (DNG): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28032744/PPC/_EM56982.dng
JPG: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28032744/PPC/_EM56982.jpg

Contest will end Sunday Sept. 27th at 6PM AEST, sometime just after Midnight Saturday US time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Rules:

The Challenger will provide any photo that he/she deems worthy of challenging other members to "improve" by way Post Processing. It must be their own photo. "Improve" is a subjective term, and includes many creative ideas as well as traditional "fixing". The Challenger agrees that entrants may make any changes they deem fit to post in their entry.

The winner of the previous challenge gets to post the next Challenge and serves as the judge for his/her PP challenge.

For obvious purposes, the judge is disqualified from participating in his/her own PP challenge. Instead, he/she should post a photo to start out the challenge.

***** If the winner fails to post a new challenge within five days, the responsibility passes to the runner-up. *****

At the end of the 72-hours (we don't have to be strict about 72-hours, especially with time differences depending on where you are on the globe), the judge will name a winner, a first runner-up, and a second runner-up.

----------------------------------------------

Entrants:

The Challenger's image is posted for the sole purpose of the PP Challenge; it is not posted to invite Critique or Criticism.

Entries shall be limited to 2 per member for each Challenge.

Entrants to post a BBCode link to the Large size image of their PP edit(s), preferably 1024px x npx, or npx x 1024px, if the original image and/or the PP edit allow for these sizes. Also a click-through to the original sized hosted edit if appropriate (but not a requirement for entry). If you post your entry to a photo-hosting site such as Flickr, Photobucket, or a Gallery, etc., please credit the original photographer to make it clear it is not your photograph; something like "Photo taken by Lurch over at Mu-43.com" should suffice.

Entrants are strongly encouraged to post the settings and techniques used for their entry, however this is not a requirement for entry.

As we all know, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. We may not all agree with the chosen winners, but the judges decision is final without adverse comment from the Entrants; the judge is encouraged (but not required) to state what criteria he used to decide on a winner.

To make sure we don't break any Mu-43 rules/regulations, by participating in the PP Challenge you are allowing the judge to re-post your image for the sole purpose of announcing the winners in the thread.

EdH

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Ed
Decided to go square. Applied lens blur to the background in PS to bring the plinth in the foreground out. Also increased saturation to the foreground and dropped it in the background.
_EM56982_Ed.jpg

I used Tonality, which I've never used before, for the black and white version. Stayed square and boosted the contrast.

_EM56982_Ed_BW.jpg

bigboysdad

Mu-43 All-Pro
_EM56982-Edit.jpg

bigboysdad

Mu-43 All-Pro
_EM56982-Edit-2.jpg

AussiePhil

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Phil
Well, due to only a few entries I'm only going for a first place today

I really liked Scotsman's first post as it really appealed both from the artistic side, turned a rather boring shot into something exciting, but it also was completely in keeping with the historical nature of the site.

First: Scotsman, over to you mate.

Thanks everyone.

The bolts were at the base of a NASA satellite tracking antenna at Orroral Valley outside of Canberra, Australia.
You can see the bolts in the background to the right of the sign below. The site is a popular picnic/tourist spot during summer.

_EM56971.jpg

AussiePhil

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Phil
Hi Dave,

if there are no objections over the next 8-10 hrs whilst I'm at work i'll dig into the archives for something.

Yeah I sort of thought that whilst the photo may have seemed somewhat limited that it did have good potential to do creative things with.

Cheers
Phil

protapic

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
John
I think this is a good idea-I have been too busy with work and travel to contribute to this last competition-too bad, I had some ideas as well, but they would have taken some time.....I thought it was a good pic for editing BTW.

Latest threads

Top Bottom