Post-Photokina Purchase Plans

Mr Moo

Rocket builder, collector of vintage air guitars
Real Name
Mike
Definitely the 60mm macro...pre-ordered from Amazon yesterday.

danska

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Joe
Have to say the Schneider lenses seem really interesting too. All weather-sealed! At $1500 or euros they are probably out of my reach but I'm interested to see some images from them.

addieleman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Ad
I've voted for the GH3, 35-100/2.8 and 17/1.8.

I have to wait and see if the GH3's sensor is a big enough improvement over the GH2's. I'd especially like to see lower noise at base ISO. While the GH3 looks to offer superior handling, I hesitate to embrace 5 programmable buttons; I already forget what I programmed my Fn1 button to on the GH2. In a future model the button texts should be dynamic, showing the actual function, be it on the button or on a display near it.
The GH3 is only 40g heavier if I read the specs right and I actually like a bit bigger; I have to handle it in a shop before I know if I like it. But it's really the sensor that'll have to win me over and it's 1 point behind already, not being multi-aspect.
GH3 buying chance: 30 %

The 35-100/2.8 will be very hard to resist, it's as heavy as the 45-200 which is just about acceptable for me and it probably will replace my 45-175, which has been sent in for repair at the moment regarding the OIS issues. Let's wait and see how it holds up, I won't be an early adopter this time like I did with the 45-175.
35-100/2.8 buying chance: 75 %

The 17/1.8 might replace my 20/1.7. I really like the 20mm focal length, for me the Panny 20 is the ideal snapshot lens; well, in theory at least. In practice the 20 is slow to respond when firing, especially in bright light, and the sharpness in the corners is distinctly lower than in the centre. So if the new 17/1.8 will offer better performance I'll probably go for it despite its shorter focal length. Anyway I'll hold on to the 20 for quite some time after acquiring the 17 to see if I'm going to miss it.
17/1.8 buying chance: 50 %

Art

Mu-43 All-Pro
E-PM2 but not anytime soon. My lens collection is complete. RX100 is my main camera, m43 is for special purpose only (shallow DoF & telephoto).

hunyuan7

Mu-43 Regular
Like some others here, I am waiting for existing lens prices to drop. Wish there were ultra wide primes like 9.0, 10.5, and 12.0.

Repp

Mu-43 All-Pro
- Already have the cash set aside for the 35-100, but I'd like to see some reviews/image samples before purchase.
- I'm probably going to wait for more info on the GX2 (in hopes of a built-in EVF) before I decide if the EM5 or GH3 is the better choice for me.
- And I'll probably get the body cap lens just for the novelty of it...

I'd really like to see a EM5/GH3 quality stills camera w/ a left side "rangefinder-esque" built-in EVF. So much so that I've actually considered the X-E1, but find myself really loving m4/3 and being a bit too invested into it to switch on a whim.

pake

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Teemu
My shopping list:
1. Olympus 60mm macro
2. Olympus 15mm body cap lens
3. E-PM2

I'll probably wait till spring to get the E-PM2 but the lenses I will buy sooner.

gt7599a

Mu-43 Rookie
Wait 3-6 months, save up & then hopefully a used om-d after the price has dropped a little more.

I've also toyed with the idea of getting a used pen 1 and adapting a used leica lens to it. Figuring both have lost (nearly) all the value they're going to lose, so it simply becomes opportunity cost having the money locked up in that. Any one done this or something like it?

Ed

Gurin

Mu-43 Regular
I’m going to buy the lens cap, next in line is the Voightländer 25, and I’m seriously considering adding another Epl1. They can be found for next to nothing and they are good enough for me.

Latest threads

Top Bottom