1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Post Focus

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Armanius, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
  2. Serhan

Serhan Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 7, 2011
    NYC
  3. neek247

neek247 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 4, 2015
    Canada
    Ashley
    I have, though I wish it would save is raw format and not just jpeg; this is why I op'ed not to use it but it is useful though if I cant edit my images like raw format allows me I dont like using it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wasabi Bob

Wasabi Bob Mu-43 Top Veteran

It's not shooting in RAW, so it can't save in RAW. I'm using it and it can be useful. I think I'm getting more use of it by stacking the individual images in CS. As a free firmware upgrade, you can't beat it!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
  6. popcan

popcan Mu-43 Regular

Aug 3, 2013
    just curious - do you think the post focus feature can be somehow used with adapted lenses such as canon FD's?

7. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    I don't think so, because the camera will not be able to adjust the focus on a lens that works in manual mode only.

8. MedicineMan4040

MedicineMan4040 Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 2, 2015
    East TN
    Robert
    I've been using Post Focus.
    Here at mu-43, scroll, you'll know them when you see them (landscape and macro).
    I think this is a 10 star application.
    When you look at the picture of the spider you'd never know it was made with 8mb images.
    I'm sure I do like the GX8
    I've done lots of macro with a much larger/more expensive/more time consuming Canon set up
    and in my mind the GX8 and Post Focus can rival anything I've done with the bigger rig-now
    this is talking stacking for huge DOF in macro. Same applies to landscapes.
    At this point in playing with it I don't know of other applications; surely they will come, but for
    now I'm just impressed that Panasonic gave this to us.

9. I've just ordered up a set of Fotodiox extension tubes to use with the post focus feature. If it works as well as I think it will, this will make killer macros using Photoshop focus stacking software. They will 'only' be 8MP images, but I managed to print lovely 11x14 prints for years with my 8MP Konica A2. I don't see 8MP as a huge limitation.