Post "creepy"

flamingfish

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Emily
In response to the recent psychological survey reporting that survey respondents thought that "people who ask to take your picture" and people who have photography as a hobby are "creepy," I think we should have a thread for creepy images. (Not specifically "creepy-crawlies," as in insects -- we already have a thread for that.) If we're going to be creepy, we should show "creepy," so let your creep flag fly!

I'll start.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
_3272654-2.jpg by Emily McKillip, on Flickr

Turbofrog

Mu-43 Legend

NCV

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Nigel
Spectator at at a Carnival in Italy.

A creepy photographer?

gnarlydog australia

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Damiano Visocnik
this image was posted in The Real Street thread.

[/url]Beauties and the Beast_c by gnarlydog, on Flickr

I was aware when I was taking taking that image that it could be perceived as creepy, from a viewer's perspective, of how it was taken and the subject itself.
I was shooting from the hip (auto focus) trying to not be detected taking the image.
Yes, I understand that it can be viewed as creepy if one just looks superficially but looking at it just a bit longer the image has a different value; I titled it "
Beauties and the beast". To me it was about the different way men and women try to get attention ;)
It goes to show that most slightly-controversial images can be interpreted in a few different ways; it all comes down to the perception and emotional status of the viewer. Of course his/her upbringing, education, fears and beliefs often are manifested in the judging of an image. But that can be said for any image, I guess.
What is deemed as creepy for one person, or group of people, or even a whole nation, can be viewed a bit differently somewhere else.
Not to mention that what we regard as creepy (or controversial) today might not hold that connotation in years to come?

Last edited:

T N Args

Agent Photocateur
Real Name
call me Arg
I started the other thread/poll that the OP mentioned, and I love this thread idea and the submissions so far.

Unfortunately, I don't seem to take creepy photos, much to my surprise. Instead, here is a photo that alludes to creepiness.

The creepy behaviour of men on trains
P.S. look at the sign under her feet.
The blurred signs on the train say the same.

Last edited:

PakkyT

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Ya, I'll own this one. In the hotel room waiting for others to get ready so we could go out. Nice looking woman down by the pool, so took a photo. Total creeper (to stick with what I think "creepy" means for that original thread, not scary creepy, but being a creep). ;)

2014.07.21-14.40.30 by Patrick, on Flickr

biomed

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Mike

biomed

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Mike

biomed

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Mike

listers_nz

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Simon

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom