1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Possedere

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by f6cvalkyrie, Sep 28, 2010.

1. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 12, 2010
    Brussels, Belgium
    Hi,

last weekend was the official inauguration of a monument in front of our railway station.

The sculpture is called "Possedere, le cheval cabré maitrisé par deux hommes",
    and was made by the famous artist Marcel Wolfers, who lived in our village a long time ago.

Here's a picture of this monument, shot with the G1 and a Nikkor 24/4 adapted via the Shift Adapter for Nikkor by Fotodiox.
    Stitch of 2 pics.
    Conversion and sepiatoning done in Corel Paintshop Pro Photo X2

sized_chevalpano2.

Comments and critique welcome !

C U
    Rafael​

2. red

red Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 21, 2010
    ahhh, that's a real good picture. It looks like an vintage postcard - only some mildew stains are missing. I also see more a model of a sculpture than the real monument, maybe because there are no other objects on this picture to get a scale... The shade of color is also very well choosen.
    In my archive of old views I have a lot of similar sujets. The closest may be from my collection of glass pictures by French artist Ary Bitter (please have a look here: Album photographique d'Ary Bitter ).

Five stars

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    A lovely sculpture : give us some alternative views please ?

• Like Like x 1
  4. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 12, 2010
    Brussels, Belgium
    I'll go back tomorrow and shoot some more, but, be forwarned, the vicinity is absolutely not beautiful : parked cars, traffic signs, ...
    Thus, I had to opt for a close-up to isolate this monument.

C U,
    Rafael