Portrait session with Clouded leopard

JohnMetsn

Mu-43 Veteran

At first he seemed to be a bit disturbed by my appearance and I guess he was a bit sleepy, but at the end he gave me some nice portrait look :smile: All pictures taken with Panny 45-200 with ISO 400, handheld with OIS on.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

deirdre

Mu-43 Top Veteran
How incredibly cute! I love the first two in particular. He looks like he's probably purring in the first shot.

Alanroseman

Super Moderator Emeritus

At first he seemed to be a bit disturbed by my appearance and I guess he was a bit sleepy, but at the end he gave me some nice portrait look :smile: All pictures taken with Panny 45-200 with ISO 400.

Hi Ondrej,

They're all very good, this one is fabulous! I maintain, the 45-200 is the best bargain in µ43!

I've seen all the "test pattern" shots, read all the blather, real world, for the price I love my 45-200.

Nice job!

JohnMetsn

Mu-43 Veteran
Hi Ondrej,

They're all very good, this one is fabulous! I maintain, the 45-200 is the best bargain in µ43!

I've seen all the "test pattern" shots, read all the blather, real world, for the price I love my 45-200.

Nice job!
Thanks for kind words. I totally agree with you. I have 45-200 for a few days (bought used from a kind member here), in fact these were my first shots with the lens, but I already love them. I would surely love to put my hands on 100-300 someday, but for the budget 45-200 are great lens :smile:

Nice.
Did you have special access?
Is that a direct view unobscured by perspex?
Thanks and unfortunately no. I had special access to a Siberian tiger once, but I didn't have a good camera with me that time :frown:

This one is taken through thick glass.

isabel95

Mu-43 Top Veteran
You make me appreciate the 45-200 even more!

Terrific set of portraits. Next to last is my favorite.

I found number 3 a bit magenta - colors on the rest are great.

Were you shooting through glass?

Isabel

At first he seemed to be a bit disturbed by my appearance and I guess he was a bit sleepy, but at the end he gave me some nice portrait look :smile: All pictures taken with Panny 45-200 with ISO 400, handheld with OIS on.

JohnMetsn

Mu-43 Veteran
Terrific set of portraits. Next to last is my favorite.

I found number 3 a bit magenta - colors on the rest are great.

Were you shooting through glass?

Isabel
Thank you very much :smile:

And you're absolutely right about the magenta. I was editing that picture in a bit different way, because I was happy that for a second he opened his eyes at me widely and I wanted that to come out from the picture. Also I'm still new to the Lightroom and editing all my pictures on 13" screen. So I somehow missed the color balance. But enough with excuses :wink: I did a different brighter edit, what do you think about it now? Gotta love RAW files :smile:

And yes, it was taken through glass.

isabel95

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Huge improvement in the color of number 3.
I don't have Lightroom, but open all my images in Adobe Camera Raw.

I did open that image in Camera Raw and used the eyedropper to click on the darker white fur on the chin and the color immediately corrected beautifully.

Shooting through glass is challenging because the contrast and saturation are cut down, and you also have reflections to deal with.
You did a great job!

Isabel

JohnMetsn

Mu-43 Veteran
Thank you, but don't flatter me much, I tend to get bigheaded pretty easily. I was just lucky this time and also amazed, how well this lens performs despite it's reviews. I also should read at least one guide to Lightroom, because right now I'm randomly finding new functions every day.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom