Portrait of a man in prayer...or....chimping in a Cathedral

Bill Gordon

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Yes, I have been very slow to post, I guess it is 'cause I am an old man now and am very slow at doing things. Taken in Ely Cathedral of a friend who also is a confirmed Oly users.

I thought that I might see what responses this brings...or criticism is welcome!

Attachments

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Lol, nice portrait Bill... If you'd cropped the bottom edge it would be even harder to tell!

Cheers

Brian

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
The colors are great Bill - your friend's face, his jacket, and hair and I like the brightness of the background. I do think if you followed Brian's suggestion and cropped up from the bottom, one might think he was lost in prayer or meditation....rather than checking his photos or his "live view".:biggrin:

Seriously, try the crop and repost if you feel like it because I think it would be a whole different feel.

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Bill, I have to agree with you about the crop....I like it like it is....

and.... your not getting slower, your getting more accurate....

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
That's great Bill, it's obvious he's chimping and perhaps praying for inspiration too? :biggrin:

Cheers

Brian

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Bill, I had no idea what "chimping" meant so there you go, you didn't need any criticism because you knew what you were after for this portrait of your friend - I'm guessing chimping is more apropos than praying.:smile:

Herman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Hi Bill, thanks for this great shot ! It shows that you're young of mind. I do look to more images. Enjoy your weekend !

ajramirez

Mu-43 Veteran
Pray first - shoot - then chimp. :thumbup:

I like the shot and commend the crop - makes one look.
The way it usually works for me is pray first, shoot, chimp, curse at screen, apologize for curse, pray again. Repeat many times during shoot. :smile:

BTW, Bill, nice shot. Please keep them coming.

Regards,

Antonio

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom