Portland OR walkaround

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Ducati_Don, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Ducati_Don

Ducati_Don Mu-43 Regular

Jan 28, 2011
    Vancouver, WA
    I took these today on a walkaround in my city. Trying to get more comfortable with the camera and my abilities to see things differently.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Hi Don, Thanks for sharing.

Would you like to tell us which camera, lens etc?

3. Ducati_Don

Ducati_Don Mu-43 Regular

Jan 28, 2011
    Vancouver, WA

sorry about that! GF-1 with the Panasonic 14-45 mm zoom. First outing with this lens.

4. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Very nice job. Interesting subject matter.

How'd you enjoy the kit lens?

5. Ducati_Don

Ducati_Don Mu-43 Regular

Jan 28, 2011
    Vancouver, WA
    I thought the 14-42 was the kit lens? I really enjoy this 14-45, I need more time with depth of field work to utilize it to the max.

The bronze faces are from a sculpture in the Tom McCall waterfront park, they are dedicated to the Japanese Americans during the WWII era. The street scene is in the downtown Portland area. No real single subject area, just cruising around the city checking out whatever caught my eye.

6. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    The 14-45 WAS the kit lens. Now the kit is the 14-42, but they never made either of them except as kits. So you have an old kit lens that is generally regarded as being better than the new kit lens.

-Ray

• Like Like x 1
  7. DHart

DHart Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    Cool, Don. You will love that lens, it's VERY good!

The 14-45 is an outstanding lens that receives little fanfare or commentary. But it's small, lightweight, has a great focal length range, excellent IS, very close focusing, and the little bugger is SHARP! I give most of my other lenses much more attention because they're more extreme in one way or another, but the 14-45 on a GF1 is a sweet do-it-all set-up in a very small package. I wouldn't want to be without it in spite of having eight other great lenses for my m4/3 system.

BTW, you're not the only Don from Vancouver, WA around here! :biggrin:

Here are a couple of snaps just for fun with my GF1 and 14-45:

P1020653.

P1020661.

P1020667.

• Like Like x 1